Chapter Thirty Two

An hour had passed by the time Tabitha and Jasper finished signing all of the paperwork for the adoption. The notary agent left soon after, giving the trio time to talk things through with each other. Perri stood up to grab herself a water bottle, when pain shot through her lower stomach. She groaned, causing the couple to look over at the girl.

"Are you alright?" Tabitha asked, and the girl nodded shakily.

"I think so." She replied, making Tabitha frown.

"Maybe you should sit down. I'll try your water for you." Tabitha said, and Perri agreed.

As Perri took a step to sit back down, another pain shot through her lower abdomen, but this time she felt liquid running down her legs. Tabitha's eyes widened, and she quickly raced over to Perri.

"You're in labor. Your water just broke. We've got to get you to the hospital." Tabitha said, as Perri groaned in pain.

"Please, stay with me when we get there. I don't have anyone else to help me through this." Perri pleaded, and Tabitha nodded stiffly.

Jasper stood and helped Tabitha get Perri to the car. Jasper had to hold his breath, since Perri's heart was racing, causing her blood to pump fairly fast, meaning it smelled even more appealing. Once Perri was in the car, Tabitha sat in the back with the girl, as Jasper drove quickly to the hospital.

"We don't have anything for the baby. We didn't think you'd be having the baby so soon." Tabitha said, causing Perri to chuckle slightly.

"I know. I'm sorry for not calling you sooner. I was scared. I didn't know the baby was going to come so soon." Perri replied, and Tabitha smiled lightly.

"It's fine, Perri. Don't worry about it. I just need you to be calm when you have this baby." Tabitha answered, and Perri nodded.

"W-what do you hope the baby is?" Perri asked, trying to forget about her pain.

Jasper tried to help calm her, but her pain overwhelmed her emotions, so he couldn't really help much.

"I'm fine with either, as long as they're healthy." Tabitha said, and Perri nodded.

"Jasper, what about you?" Perri asked, though her breathing was labored.

"Well, since we already have Alec, I kind of hope the baby is a girl. Either way, I'll be happy though." Jasper replied, and Tabitha smiled.

"I'm so glad I picked you as parents." Perri murmured, as she closed her eyes when another contraction rolled through.

Soon, Jasper pulled into the emergency room parking lot. He ran and got a wheelchair, before he helped Tabitha place the girl in the wheelchair.

Tabitha rushed the girl inside, before a nurse came to bring her to a room. Tabitha was brought to the room with her, while Jasper stayed outside of the room to call their family. The nurse checked Perri's dilation, and was surprised when the girl was already almost eight centimeters dilated. She wasn't able to set up an epidural since the girl was so far along, but she did give her an iv of other pain meds to try and help ease her pain.

"Can you bring Jasper in here for a minute, Tabitha? I would like to talk to you both." Perri commented, and Tabitha agreed.

Tabitha stepped out of the room and grabbed Jasper. When Jasper stepped into the room, once again he had to hold his breath. When he was outside of the room, he didn't have to hold his breath, since all of the other doors were closed around the labor and delivery rooms. It was hard for him to be in the room, but he was going to support Tabitha in any way that he could.

"When the baby is born, I want you both to sign the birth certificate. You've already adopted the baby. I figure signing the birth certificate is just one better." Perri said, and Tabitha felt her eyes swell with tears.

"Are you sure? This may be your only connection with your baby, Perri." Tabitha commented, but the girl simply nodded her head.

"I'm sure, Tabitha. I've never been more sure about something in my life. I want you and Jasper to sign the birth certificate and make it official completely. It's for the best, and when the baby gets older and sees their birth certificate, they'll never question who their real parents are. You'll always be their real parents, and I don't want the baby to know who I am. I forbid you both from telling the baby anything about me, do you understand?" Perri asked, and the couple nodded.

Tabitha hugged Perri and told her Jasper had to step out until the baby was born, since everything made him a bit uncomfortable. Perri said she had understood, though Tabitha really hadn't told her the complete truth. Perri just believed child birth made Jasper uneasy, which she understood, since it made a lot of men uneasy. She didn't know it was something else entirely, though Tabitha didn't doubt that child birth probably wasn't very comfortable for Jasper either.

About an hour later, the nurse came back into the room and checked Perri. She smiled at the girl and told her she was ready, so she had to go and get the doctor and another nurse. Tabitha helped coach Perri through the delivery, since Tabitha knew most of it already from having Alec. Perri was thankful for Tabitha, especially since she believed that Tabitha hated her after what had happened to Alec. Tabitha didn't hate the girl, but she wasn't very fond of her anymore either.

It took almost forty five minutes for Perri to deliver the baby, but once she did, one of the nurses quickly cleaned her up, as the other nurse cleaned up the baby.

"Do you want to see the baby?" Tabitha asked, but Perri shook her head.

"No, I'd rather not. I'm having the nurse put up a curtain to separate the baby and I, so you and Jasper have your own area with the baby." Perri replied, and Tabitha nodded.

Tabitha was a little disappointed in Perri, but she understood where the girl was coming from. After the nurse finished with Perri, she put up a curtain to separate the room. The other nurse brought the baby over to Tabitha and laid the baby in her arms.

"Here's your baby girl." She said, and Tabitha smiled.

"Could you go and get my boyfriend? His name is Jasper." Tabitha commented, and the nurse nodded.

The nurse stuck her head out and got Jasper, before she led him over to Tabitha and the baby.

"Here's our daughter." Tabitha said, and Jasper smiled.

He believed the baby girl was beautiful, and honestly looked almost exactly like Alec, which had surprised Jasper, since he believed Alec looked exactly like Tabitha. He figured they had just been lucky.

"What is her name?" The nurse asked, as she looked over at the new parents.

"Narcissa Lilith Hale." Tabitha replied, and Jasper agreed.

"Harry Potter fans, I love it." The nurse commented, causing Tabitha to laugh lightly.

The two parents were happy with their new baby, and they were excited to show her to Alec and the family...

××××××××××××××××××××××××××

A/N: I hope you guys liked this chapter. I made this chapter a little longer to fit everything I wanted in it. The next chapter may not be as long, since there isn't as much detail to fit into it.

Love you guys!

Vote
Comment
Share&
Follow!

- Youngblood Xxx