Chapter Fifteen

Tabitha sat in her son's hospital room, watching him sleep, since it was around eleven at night. Rosalie had left soon after she had talked with Tabitha, wanting to give the girl at least a little time to think, even if it was only about an escape plan.

        Rosalie felt a bit bad about speaking to Tabitha about mates, since she knew the decision could potentially hurt her brother in some way. Rosalie wanted what was best for Jasper, even if what was best didn't seem best at all. She wanted her brother to be happy and safe, though she knew if Tabitha were to leave them, Jasper would most definitely be unhappy, though he'd at least be safe. Well, he'd be safe if Tabitha kept their secret, though Rosalie had a feeling Tabitha would rather she had chose to leave or stay. She knew Tabitha wouldn't want to put herself in danger, along with her son, Jasper and his family.

     Tabitha wasn't sure what to think about all of the information she had recieved. Normally, she would brush it off, act like it didn't change anything but it did. Knowing they were vampires, Jasper being the newest vegetarian, put her and her son in danger. Even if they weren't in immediate danger, she knew anything could set them off. She really didn't want to chance it but for some reason, she felt as if she couldn't bring herself to leave Forks with her son and never come back.

        Tabitha felt almost as if she had something anchoring her to Forks, Washington. She had never cared about leaving somewhere before, especially for her and Alec's safety, but right now she couldn't bring herself to leave. She couldn't just disappear in the middle of the night, never to be seen again and never to see the Cullens.

       As she watched the slow rise and fall of her son's chest, she wondered if what Rosalie had told her was true. She wondered if mates were real, at least for vampires. She wondered if she really was Jasper's mate. She wondered if that was the reason she had some sort of anchor in Forks. Tabitha was scared, worried and a bit elated, she was mostly scared of the information and worried about their safety.

     Sighing, she slowly stood to her feet and walked towards the hospital room door. Slowly turning the handle, she peeked her head outside and seen a nurse sitting at a desk. She bit her lip, before quietly making her way outside of the room, leaving the door slightly cracked. She made her way over to the nurse, masking a small smile on her face.

"Can I help you?" The nurse asked, her nametag reading Wendy.

"Yes ma'am. I was wondering if you could listen for my son. I need to sneak out for some fresh air." Tabitha said, making the nurse nod.

"Of course, that's one of the easiest jobs I could get. I'll call you if he wakes." The nurse replied, causing a smile to actually form on Tabitha's face.

"Thank you." Tabitha murmured, before walking away.

     She walked over to the elevator and pushed the down button. Once the door opened, she stepped inside and pushed another button to go down to the bottom floor. After about a minute, the doors opened and she was able to leave the elevator. She made her way outside, sighing when she felt the cold air wisp its way through her hair.

     Tabitha sat down against a wall and held her head in her hands. She arched her knees up for warmth, as she stared up at the moon. In moments like these, she wished she had someone who could give her any sort of advice. She wished she had someone who could tell her everything would turn out right. She wished, most of all, that she had someone she could talk to, tell all her worries and thoughts to, nonetheless, she was unmistakably alone.

       Almost an hour went by, as she sat by herself and let her thoughts cloud her mind. She felt as if every word was being yelled in her head. The cold wind whipped around her but she didn't feel like going back inside. She wanted to stay outside for as long as possible. She wanted everything in her mind to roam free, eventually dying down and never coming back. As she looked up at the moon, arms wrapped around her legs, she felt someone sit next to her. She quickly looked over, nearly knocking herself over in shock when she seen Jasper sitting next to her.

"What are you doing here?" She asked, causing him to stare at her.

"What are you doing outside this late at night? Aren't you cold? Tired?" He retorted, making her sigh.

"I'm just thinking." She replied, before looking away again.

       They both sat in silence, neither knowing how to approach the other. Tabitha didn't know if she could even trust Jasper, nonetheless, trust herself around Jasper. Jasper on the other hand, well, he didn't know how to approach a conversation with her.

"I'm sorry for only just telling you about our secret now." Jasper's southern accent blurted out, making Tabitha's head whip around to look at him.

"I-I, what am I supposed to say?" She retorted, making him sigh.

"You don't have to say anything. I understand you're overwhelmed, maybe even scared and worried. I just want you to know that I'd never hurt you or Alec, none of us would. Though, if it'd make you feel better, we'll help you pack your stuff and find a place far away. We'll never bother you again." Jasper stated, causing Tabitha to look away.

      Tabitha liked the idea, though she didn't understand why she was also despising the idea as well. As she contemplated what Jasper had said, she felt her heart pulling her closer and closer to her final decision. Before she could even think, her mouth blurted out her final answer;

"No, we'll stay with you all. I trust you."

×××××××××××××××××××××

A/N: I hope you guys liked this chapter. Sorry for such a long wait but Wattpad was being a dick. Anyhow, I hope you liked the chapter. Way more to come after this one, I promise.

Love you guys!

Vote
Comment
Share&
Follow!

- Youngblood Xxx