Chapter Twenty Four

The next day there was a field trip for school, meaning all the students had to pile on two cramped buses and go to a greenhouse that really wasn't worth seeing. There was plenty of plant life around Forks High School, so they really didn't need to go to a greenhouse to see more plants.

"C'mon, let's go find a seat." Alice said, as she pulled Jasper and Tabitha towards the school bus.

       Rosalie, Emmett, and Edward followed quickly after them, leaving Bella to ride on the other bus. Alice really wanted to become friends with Bella, but Rosalie and Tabitha just didn't see the point in them being around Bella. Soon Bella would be a pointless memory, if only Edward learned to leave the girl alone and let her live her normal human life. Tabitha was a mate, not a blood singer, so she was a part of the family rather Edward agreed or not.

"Edward, you might want to chill out, you look constipated." Tabitha whispered, knowing all the siblings could hear her.

      Emmett bursted out laughing, as Edward turned around and scowled at Tabitha. Tabitha showed Edward an innocent smile, as Jasper pretended he hadn't heard a thing his mate had said to Edward.

       As soon as they arrived at the greenhouse, Emmett and Rosalie split away from the group. Edward walked away as well, going to find Bella and torment her some more.

"Talking to her is going to torment both her and himself." Tabitha commented, as Jasper nodded in agreement.

"It'll all workout in the end, Tabby, you'll see." Alice replied, and Tabitha frowned.

"I have a bad feeling about that statement." She said to the pixie, causing Alice to frown as well.

"I know you and Rose are a little hesitant about inviting Bella into the family, but she's important to Edward. Well, she will be, even if he tries to push her away." Alice stated, as Tabitha sighed.

         Tabitha and Jasper stayed close to each other, as Alice skipped merrily behind them. Tabitha couldn't understand how Alice was always so chipper, even in the worst of situations. Alice always seemed to see on the brighter side of things, but her attitude could've always been blamed on her visions of the future. Tabitha almost wondered if Alice had seen her own mate and was merrily waiting for the man or woman to find her.

       When the tour of the greenhouse was finally over, Alice lead Jasper and Tabitha back to the bus. Alice stood in front of them, stopping when she seen Edward talking to Bella.

"Oh, are you riding with us?" Alice asked, as Jasper and Tabitha stared at Alice while she talked to Bella.

"Our bus is full." Edward stated, hitting the bus door so the bus driver would open it.

       Edward stepped on the bus first, followed quickly by Alice. Jasper and Tabitha glanced between each other, before they got on the bus as well. Tabitha stared at Bella for a moment through the bus window, wondering why Bella had seemed so obsessed with Edward when he outwardly acted as though he wanted nothing to do with her, though Tabitha obviously knew otherwise.

"Keep your thoughts to yourself." Edward stated, causing Tabitha to glare at him.

"Quit reading my mind. There's plenty of other people to mindlessly read on here, Edward." She retorted, as Jasper laid his hand on top of hers to calm her down.

     Jasper didn't like the way Edward talked to his mate, but he decided not to say anything. He knew he would easily start a fight if he tried to say anything to Edward while Edward was in an emotionally unstable situation. 

"I was thinking of stopping by the store and picking up a fake kitchen set for Alec today after school." Tabitha commented, and Jasper nodded.

"We can do that. We can also pick up whatever you and Alec want for dinner." He replied, and Tabitha smiled.

"As long as we're home before Alec decides to eat snacks for dinner." Tabitha answered, causing Jasper to chuckle.

"We both know Esme won't let that happen." Jasper said, making Tabitha scoff.

"I was talking about Emmett." She replied, causing Rosalie to laugh slightly in the seat next to Jasper and Tabitha.

        Jasper held Tabitha's hand and walked her to their car as soon as they had gotten back to school. Jasper decided he'd drive, since he often let Tabitha drive them to and from school. As soon as they arrived at the store, Jasper and Tabitha went straight to the toy aisle.

"Shooping cart, too?" Jasper asked, pointing to the toy shopping cart.

"Sure, but we'll have to get fake groceries for Alec's kitchen and shopping cart." Tabitha replied, and Jasper nodded.

"I think Rosalie or Esme would like to make a working mini kitchen for Alec." Jasper commented, causing Tabitha to sigh.

"It sounds like a nice idea, but only if the fridge and sink are the only things working. I don't need him burning himself on a mini working stove or oven." Tabitha said, and Jasper chuckled.

"Carlisle is a doctor, he can handle a little burn," He joked, causing Tabitha to glare at him,"I understand why you're concerned though, so I'll tell them to only make a working refrigerator and sink." He said, and Tabitha smiled.

      After buying quite a bit of fake kitchen essentials, Tabitha and Jasper walked around the grocery side of the store to find dinner for the night. Jasper had chosen cheese sticks for Tabitha and Alec, since Tabitha couldn't decide. He also picked out some gelato to go with all of the cookies Alec had made for himself and his mother. Jasper somewhat wished he could eat the cookies and be able to taste them without having repercussions afterward.

       As Jasper and Tabitha walked passed people in the store, many were envious of Jasper and Tabitha's looks. Some were jealous of the relationship they expected the duo to be in. Jasper chuckled to himself when he heard some of their comments. He did turn around and glare at a man who said something derogatory about his mate though, which caused butterflies in Tabitha's stomach. If only the two would finally get together...

××××××××××××××××××××

A/N: I hope you guys liked this chapter. I decided to give you guys two updates tonight, since I hadn't updated in months.

Love you guys!

Vote
Comment
Share&
Follow!

- Youngblood Xxx