Chapter Twenty

Tabitha was excited to show Alec his new room, as was Alice. They both had made sure Alec's things were all in perfect spaces and brand new for him. For the next week, Alec was going to have to be hooked up to machines and things of that nature on and off. So, they made sure there was plenty of space for all the machines and other things Carlisle may need for Alec. Tabitha also knew that Alec would soon have to go through physical therapy, though she knew he was in good hands with Carlisle.

"Are you ready to see your new room, baby?" Tabitha asked Alec, as she looked back at him through her rearview mirror.

"Yeah!" He exclaimed, as he clapped his hands.

"His ribs seem to be healing faster than Carlisle thought. Only assuming this is true, since he's been able to move around and clap and such without hurting himself." Jasper commented, causing a smile to ghost over Tabitha's face.

"I really hope he's finished healing by the end of next week." Tabitha replied, as Jasper nodded in agreement.

      When they pulled into the driveway, Alec looked out of his window, mesmerized by the sight in front of him. The house was huge and he had never seen something so beautiful before. His home before was very small compared to the home he was seeing right now.

"This is your new home." Tabitha announced, as she opened the car door on Alec's side.

"It's pretty." Alec said dreamily, as he looked around the outside of the home.

"C'mon, let's go inside. Show him to his room." Jasper stated, as he pulled the wheel chair from the truck of Tabitha's car.

    Carlisle helped Jasper wheel Alec inside of the house, before bringing him straight to his room. Jasper laid him down in his bed, pulling the blankets over his fragile body.

"How do you like your new room? New bed? New things?" Alice asked, as she walked into the room.

"Love it." Alec answered, as he stared at the room in awe.

"Well, I'm glad you like your room. You'll be staying in here pretty much all week." Carlisle said, as he began to set up his supplies to start a port.

"Will he be able to use the bathroom soon, or do we need to keep him in pull ups?" Tabitha asked, as she sat next to Alec to hold his hand.

"Pull ups for now, but once he's able to get up and walk around, we'll see if he can go without them." Carlisle replied, as he began to disinfect and area on Alec's chest.

      Carlisle readied the needle and things for the port, before he pulled Alec's shirt enough to show a spot on his chest for the port. Once Alec seen the big needle, he began to cry and squirm away from Carlisle. Tabitha began to hold his left hand, as Jasper walked over and held Alec's right hand.

"It'll be okay, baby. Once he's done, he won't have to do it again." Tabitha commented, before Carlisle poked Alec with the needle as fast as he could.

"I'm sorry, Alec. You won't have to have another again and after a couple days, you may not have to have the port anymore." Carlisle stated, as he used bandages and medical tape to hold the port in place.

"Hurts." Alec whined, as everyone frowned.

"It'll feel better soon. This is just for your medicine." Jasper replied, as Tabitha ran her fingers through her son's hair.

"I believe Esme has some food ready for you both. Emmet, Rose, go see if Esme needs help bringing the food up to their room." Carlisle stated, before Rosalie and Emmet went away to find Esme in the kitchen.

       Tabitha, Alice and Jasper worked together to clear a space for the amount of food Esme, Emmet and Rosalie were going to bring up. By the time they had things moved, the trio of vampires were on there way up to Alec and Tabitha's room. They set the foods down, before grabbing a small tray to fix Alec some food.

      Rosalie fixed the food into little bits, before sitting the tray over Alec's lap. Esme smiled lovingly, as she watched Alec eat the food she made contently. He seemed to love the food, though she knew he hadn't eaten much since he was in the hospital. Everyone was just happy to be home and better than before.

"Thank you for the food, Esme. Alec will finally have plenty of food in his tummy. He's been having so much trouble with eating lately." Tabitha commented, causing Esme to smile brighter.

"It really was my pleasure, Tabitha. You and Alec are family. We never get to use our kitchen, so now that we've got a reason to use it, we're more than happy to cook for you both." Esme replied, as her kind eyes casted over to Tabitha.

     Once Alec was finished, Esme and Rosalie cleaned up his leftovers. They carried the trash down, before Carlisle checked Alec's vitals.

"He seems to be getting better, since he ate a good bit of food." Carlisle commented, making Tabitha smile.

"That's good, hopefully the food will heal him faster." Tabitha said, as Carlisle nodded.

"Alright, Alice, Emmet, Edward, and Jasper, we should let the two of them rest. The more rest he gets, the faster he'll get better." Carlisle stated, as everyone nodded.

"I think Jasper should stay, Alec may feel more content with him in here for the first day." Alice commented, as Carlisle nodded slightly.

"That is up to Jasper and Tabitha." Carlisle replied, though Alice just smiled mischievously.

      Everyone left the room afterward, except for Jasper. He stood in the door way, as he and Tabitha looked at each other. As if it were a silent question, Tabitha nodded, causing Jasper to walk over and sit on her bed with her. They both laid down in the bed together, as Alec's eyes closed and he slowly fell asleep. This was the closest Jasper and Tabitha had been, though they weren't being very intimate. This was the closest they'd get for a while, though they did feel as if they needed to be closer, they were just unsure of what to do...

××××××××××××××××××××××××

A/N: I hope you guys liked this chapter. So, Happy New Year! If this chapter isn't perfect, I'm very sorry. I really wasn't paying complete attention to the story, since I was watching the New Year's Rockin' Eve.

Love you guys!

Vote
Comment
Share&
Follow!

- Youngblood Xxx