Chapter Eight

"Calm down Tab." Alice said, as she walked up beside Tabitha.

"I-I can't." Tabitha cried, before Dr Cullen walked over to them.

"Ah, Alice, I see you've brought Miss Tabitha to me." Dr Cullen commented, as Alice nodded.

"What happened?! Are they okay?!" Tabitha exclaimed, as Dr Cullen looked down at her.

"Well, the car is totaled. It had been hit from the passenger side, and flipped about four times. Miss Knight seems to be in pretty good condition. She has a broken arm, fractured collar bone, and a couple broken ribs. She also has a minor concussion and stitches in her lip." Dr Cullen stated, causing Tabitha to bite her lip.

"What about my son?" She chirped, as Alice held her.

"Well, Miss Tabitha, I need you to stay calm for me to tell you this. Your son was on the passenger side, so he was on the side that the impact happened. He had a broken arm, fractured ankle, broken collar bone, a few broken and fractured ribs. He had a minor spinal cord injury, but he shouldn't need any serious surgeries or anything for the injury. Alec had majorly damaged his head and neck, which caused a serious case of whiplash and a major concussion. The brain bleed caused major swelling, but I'm hoping it'll stop swelling soon. If it swells too much more, we'll have to start a drain tube, but that will be one of our last resorts." Dr Cullen stated, causing Tabitha to start crying harder.

"Is he going to make it? Is he awake?" She murmured, causing Dr Cullen to look away for a moment.

"I can't be certain, but I'm going to try my hardest to save your son. He is unconscious right now, and with all of his injuries being so extensive, including the few cuts we had to sew up and the internal bleeding we had to fix, I put him into a medically induced coma. He's too young to deal with all these injuries while awake, but if I was not to have put him into a medically induced coma, there's a good chance his body would've put itself into a coma or shut down completely." Dr Cullen answered, causing Tabitha to start sobbing and collapse to the floor.

"Oh my baby!" Tabitha cried, as Alice and Dr Cullen stared down at her with sorrow and worry in their eyes.

"You can go see them if you want too. Miss Knight is in room 213 and Alec is in room 108." Dr Cullen said, before walking back towards Alec's room.

      Alice helped Tabitha stand to her feet, before leading her towards Perri's room. Alice knocked, before they both walked inside. Perri looked up and seen her best friend walk in, before she busted into tears.

"I'm so sorry Tabby! I didn't mean for this to happen! I didn't see the car coming at us!" She cried, though Tabitha was angry and sad.

"What do you mean you didn't see it?! Why were you even out with him?! What were you thinking?!" Tabitha exclaimed, as Alice tried to calm her down.

"I'm sorry! I just wanted to go check out this new diner! I know I shouldn't have! I can't always seen from my peripheral vision!" Perri replied, though she knew she wasn't helping her story any.

"Just-just don't." Tabitha spat, before she walked out of the room with Alice following close behind her.

"A-Are you sure you want to see him?" Alice asked, scared to see Alec herself as well.

"I have too. I can't just be scared to see him, otherwise I'll never see him. What if he doesn't make it? I just have to suck it up and see him. I'd never be able to live with myself if I don't go see him and he passes away." Tabitha stated, causing Alice to nod in understanding.

       Tabitha slowly made her way into the room, followed by Alice. Dr Cullen walked out of the room, giving the young mother some privacy with her son and her friend. Tabitha sat in a seat next to Alec's bed and began to cry. She held her head in her hands and cried for a moment, before wiping the tears from her eyes and motioned Alice to sit next to her. Alice sat down next to her friend, squeezing Tabitha's hand for support.

"Please don't tell anyone about him. I know you and Dr Cullen know, but I don't want anyone finding out. If anyone finds out, I'll have to leave like I did my last school. I can't keep moving Alec. Just-please promise me you won't tell anyone, not even your siblings." Tabitha pleaded, causing Alice to nod quickly.

"Of course, it'll stay our secret. I'll make sure to tell Carlisle as well." Alice replied, causing Tabitha to smile slightly.

      After about an hour, Alice left to go home, promising to bring a bag full of clothes for both Tabitha and Alec, as well as all of Tabitha's school work. Tabitha thanked her of course, feeling so grateful for Alice. As Tabitha sat and stared at her son, watching his slow chest movements, showing her he was breathing, she let her mind wander.

        She felt bad about the way she had yelled at Perri, but she was mad at her as well. Perri knew better than to drive alone with Alec when it wasn't an emergency. What Perri didn't tell Tabitha, was that she was actually driving to a coffee shop to meet a guy named Jacob, whom she had met at work the day before. Perri knew she had to keep that information to herself, at least until further notice. What she didn't know was Alice and Dr Cullen both felt that she was lying and to prove it, they were going to have Edward read her mind, promising not to ask about Alec of course if he was willing to help them. They just didn't know how much this news was actually going to tear Tabitha apart...

××××××××××××××××××××××

A/N: I hope you guys liked this chapter.

Love you guys!

Vote
Comment
Share&
Follow!

- Youngblood Xxx