Chapter Three

After leaving her last class, Tabitha headed out to the school's parking lot. She watched all of the other kids either rush to their cars or stand around and chat with their friends. She watched a few kids pass by her car and admire it, before heading to their own. She stifled a giggle, knowing most of the kids were definitely jealous of her amazing ride. As she stood by her car, unlocking it and throwing her school bag into the back seat, she felt someone approach her. She quickly turned around, surprised to see Alice had walked up behind her.

      All of the other Cullen family members were confused on why Alice had decided to chat with Tabitha. They had been told by Carlisle to not communicate with the other students unless they had been approached. Even then, they were only to talk briefly. They were not to make human friends, which made them wonder why Alice was talking to and befriending a human.

"Hey, I wanted to compliment your car and your amazing fashion." Alice said, causing Tabitha to smile.

"Thank you. My car was a gift from my brother for my birthday a couple years ago." Tabitha replied, causing Alice to smile as well.

"Well, your brother has a good taste in cars as well." Alice commented, but Tabitha frowned.

"Had." Tabitha retorted, causing Alice to furrow her eyebrows.

"What?" She asked, unsure of what Tabitha was inferring.

"He had a good taste in cars. My brother, he uh, he died about two months after my birthday." Tabitha answered, causing Alice's eyes to go wide.

"Oh I'm so sorry. H-How? If you don't mind telling me." Alice replied, completely curious, saddened, and interested by the girl.

"He had been deployed to Iraq the day after my birthday. Two months later, there was this big explosion inside of one of the US Army based restaurants, where many soldiers fighting Iraq would go. My brother, Zachary, just so happened to be in there. He didn't make it." Tabitha stated, now feeling upset about her story.

"Oh no. I'm so sorry. I didn't know. I shouldn't have asked. I upset you." Alice gushed, as she hugged the girl close to her.

     Alice's hug was a bit tight, but it luckily wasn't inhumanly tight. The other members of her family watched their embrace, as Jasper felt Tabitha's emotions. They had all listened in on the conversation, and were saddened by the story that they had heard. Though the story was so emotional, Edward still couldn't hear anything else from Tabitha's mind, but the name Alec. After hearing the story, he was even more confused with the name uttered in her head over and over again.

"I need to be getting home. My roommate has to get to work soon." Tabitha commented, causing Alice to nod.

"Well, I won't hold you any longer. Though I think you and I should go out shopping this weekend." Alice said, making Tabitha's heart skip a beat.

     No human would notice, but Alice and her family sure did.

"I-I can't. I'm super busy during the weekends." Tabitha answered quickly, causing Alice to become a bit suspicious.

"Well, we should clear a weekend. Next weekend to be exact." Alice stated, causing Tabitha to sigh.

     She knew now that Alice wouldn't take no for an answer, so she nodded in defeat. Alice smiled and hugged Tabitha once more, before walking back over to her family. Tabitha sighed shakily, before getting into her car and starting it up. As the engine revved to life, many students looked her way. She smirked slightly, before pulling off, blaring the song Welcome to the Jungle by Guns n Roses. Emmet smirked as he heard the song, thinking the new girl had an old soul.

    Tabitha drove home, happy to finally be seeing her son again and not those annoying kids at school. As she pulled into her driveway and turned off her car, she seen Perri walk outside holding Alec. Tabitha smiled and stepped out of her car, heading straight for her best friend and son. She swooped her son up in her arms and smothered his face in kisses, causing him to giggle and squeal.

"Mommy!" He exclaimed, as he tried to cover his face.

    Both girls walked inside, sitting down on the couch in their small living room. Tabitha kicked her shoes off, feeling relieved soon enough, since her feet ached from walking all day.

"So, how was school? Make any friends?" Perri asked excited, hoping her best friend made at least one friend.

"I have lunch friends named Ashley and Josh. I also have a new friend named Alice. She's quite something." Tabitha commented, causing Perri to grin.

"That's good. Anything cool happen?" Perri asked, biting her lip in anticipation.

"Not really. Well, actually, I need to ask a favor from you." Tabitha answered, causing Perri to nod quickly.

"Of course, what is it?" She asked, as Tabitha sighed.

"Well, Alice practically forced me into going shopping with her next weekend. I was hoping you could watch Alec for me on that Saturday. If not, I can tell her no, but she practically told me I had no choice." Tabitha replied, causing Perri to laugh.

"I'll be fine with watching Alec. You know I love that kid so much." Perri said, causing Tabitha to sigh in relief.

     Soon Perri had to leave for work, making Tabitha and Alec the only ones at home. That never bothered Tabitha, since she knew how to care for herself and her son on her own. She liked having someone else's company though, even if it was always the same person. She was always grateful for the time she was able to spend with Perri. She didn't know where she'd be without her. She honestly was scared to live without her, not sure how she'd balance, school, work and her son all at once. She could never repay Perri for everything she had done for her...

×××××××××××××××××××××

A/N: I hope you guys liked this chapter. The next couple chapters will not be the shopping chapter. I have plans for that chapter, which might surprise you.

Love you guys!

Vote
Comment
Share&
Follow!

- Youngblood Xxx