Chapter Thirty Six

The events were a little hazy, but anyone could recall what happened. Edward pushed Bella out of the way to try and protect her from Jasper, only causing her to bust through a glass table. She sliced open her arm, which made Jasper practically rabid. Knowing things were just going to get worse, Tabitha went to move out of the way of the commotion, only to be grabbed by Edward as well. Him laying his hand on Jasper's mate made the vampire even more ravenous, but what happened next nobody seen coming.

       Jasper charged at Edward, and without thinking clearly, Edward threw Tabitha across the room, causing a loud crash. Esme shouted for the three boys to leave the room, as Alice left because of the blood. Rosalie went straight up stairs to check on the children, and Esme ran to Tabitha. Something was horribly wrong, but she didn't know what.

       Tabitha was barely breathing, and blood was slowly pooling on the floor around her. When Esme crouched next to her, the woman grabbed Tabitha's arm lightly.

"Where does it hurt?" Esme asked, but Tabitha couldn't respond.

        Tabitha tried to respond with words, but all that came out was a harsh cough. From that cough, blood began to fall from her lips.

"Carlisle!" Esme exclaimed, venom pooling in her eyes.

      Carlisle had been going to help Bella, but when he heard his mate call for him, he turned around and his eyes widened.

"Rosalie!" Carlisle called, causing the blonde to come down the stair in seconds.

"What?" She asked, before her eyes landed on Tabitha.

"Help Esme get her out of here. We need to get her on the medical bed I have in my office." He said, and Rosalie quickly agreed.

       Rosalie and Esme carefully lifted the girl, their undead hearts breaking as they heard her cries of pain. Carlisle helped Bella as quick as he could, telling her to keep pressure on her wound for him, before he ran over to Tabitha. Blood was everywhere, and from what he could tell, she was losing too much too fast. Rosalie rolled the girl over, and Carlisle simply frowned. When Tabitha had hit the table, the table had broke, but two of the pieces of wood had punctured her. One piece went through her back and punctured a lung--as far as Carlisle could tell from looking at her--and another piece went through her lower back, puncturing another major organ, and possibly putting damage to her spine.

       Carlisle pulled out a stethoscope and placed it on the girl's back, listening to her lungs, and nodding when he realized he was right. Her lung had been punctured, and she was going to choke to death on her own blood if he didn't act fast.

"Can we help her? Can you save her?" Rosalie asked, as she stared down at the girl with worried filled eyes.

"There's no way I could get her to the hospital before she died of blood loss, and there's no way for me to pull out the wood without causing her more pain, and potentially causing more damage. The wood seems to be keeping her from bleeding out already, but it's not going to keep her alive." Carlisle stated, causing Rosalie and Esme to frown.

"So that means...?" Esme trailed off, and Carlisle nodded with a sad look in his eyes.

"It's the only way we can save her life. Those children and Jasper need her. I can't let her die; we can't let her die." Carlisle replied, causing both women to nod sadly.

       With slight hesitance, Carlisle leaned towards Tabitha and bit down on her neck. He then took her wrist and did the same, hoping his venom would spread faster. He knew it would take some time, but eventually the girl would come back and she would be alive again; alive forever with the rest of her new family.

        Once he knew he had done everything he could for her, Carlisle turned to Bella and began to tend to her. Rosalie had to leave the room and wash the blood from her skin and change her clothes, before going back into the nursery to watch over the children. Esme stayed by Tabitha's side the entire night, watching as her blood slowly stopped soaking the bed. Carlisle cleaned up the blood, and once he knew she wouldn't bleed much anymore, he removed the wood from her back.

"One of us should go talk to Jasper." Esme said, and Carlisle nodded.

"I will do it. I'll explain everything to him. Maybe if I explain it right, Major won't come out and hurt anyone." Carlisle replied, walking away from the medical table.

       Tabitha was unable to scream for a while, but once the remainder of the blood had left her one lung, she was able to let out a scream. It wasn't very loud, and it was rather raspy, but all of the vampires in the house could hear it. They were just glad the two children couldn't hear her. If she wasn't back by the next morning, Rosalie would have to take the kids out of the house until their mother was fully transitioned.

"Jasper, we've run into a problem." Carlisle said, causing Jasper to frown.

"What happened to her? What happened to Tabitha? Did I hurt her?" Jasper asked, but Carlisle quickly shook his head.

"No, it wasn't you. Edward was trying to protect the girls, and he accidentally hurt her." Carlisle replied, which caused Jasper to growl.

"What happened to her? Why is she screaming? Why are her screams so quiet?" He asked, the words practically spitting venom from them.

"When Tabitha was thrown, she hit a table. The table broke and two pieces of the table went through her back. One broke a few ribs and punctured her lung, the other was lower down on her back, possibly puncturing another major organ, and causing damage to her spine," Carlisle explained,"She was losing too much blood, and she wouldn't have made it to the hospital, and I wouldn't have been able to remove the wood without causing her to completely bleed out or cause more damage..." He trailed off, causing Jasper to clench his jaw.

"What does that mean?" He asked, making Carlisle take a step towards the boy to try and calm him down.

"She's in transition, Jasper,"He answered, causing the boy to quickly turn towards Edward, but Carlisle grabbed him and turned him back to face him,"I was able to pull the wood out about ten minutes ago. If we're lucky, she'll be done with her transition in the morning, if not, then she'll be ready by night." He said, making Jasper nod.

      Jasper's world was crumbling, and it was all Edward and Bella's fault...

××××××××××××××××××

A/N: I hope you guys liked this chapter. So, Edward pretty much killed Tabitha, how do you guys feel about that?

Love you guys!

Vote
Comment
Share&
Follow!

- Youngblood Xxx