Chapter Eleven

"Mommy?" Alec called, surprising Tabitha.

"Oh my baby!" She exclaimed, as she ran over to her son.

"Hurt." He said, though he really didn't feel pain.

"Yeah, you got hurt. I promise you'll be better soon. I love you so much, baby. I'm so glad you're awake." Tabitha gushed, as she kissed her son's face multiple times.

"Wove yew." Alec replied, as a small smile appeared on his face.

"Get some sleep, baby. You need your rest to get better." Tabitha said, as his eyes slowly fluttered closed.

       Tabitha texted Alice, letting her know Alec had finally woke up. Alice's mood brightened, as a smile came to her face. She looked up at her siblings, before a grin spread across her face.

"He's awake. Well, he was but he's resting right now. She said we could go visit him if we want." Alice said, causing the others to nod their heads.

     Rosalie was jealous of the fact that Tabitha had a child. She didn't want to seem that rude, but it was always her dream to have a baby of her own to care for. Since she couldn't though, she decided to make the most of her friend having a child. So, with that being said, after she had found out about Alec and his stay in the hospital, she went and bought so many toys, outfits and other things for the little boy.

     When they arrived at the hospital, Jasper was a bit uncomfortable. He didn't like hospitals, since there was sometimes too much blood for him to be able to control himself. With that being said, even a small drop that he can smell could make him go off the rocker. Alice quieted her family, before knocking slightly on Alec's hospital room door. She heard Tabitha walk over and open it.

"Hey!" Alice cheered, as she hugged Tabitha close to her.

"Hey, you all came just in time. Alec just woke up. He's a bit loopey, so try to not talk too fast or all at once." Tabitha said, before allowing the five vampires into her son's room.

"Hey Alec! I brought you some presents!" Rosalie exclaimed, as she made her way over to the bed.

"You'll have to be careful though, his ribs and collar bone don't need tlo much pressure or movement yet." Alice commented, causing Rosalie to roll her eyes.

     Rosalie knew what she was doing, or at least believed she did. She had talked to Carlisle all about Alec and the extent of his injuries, which was exactly why she had to practically restrain herself from attacking Perri after finding out how Alec had gotten so hurt. Rosalie felt so accomplished, when Alec held on to the little green turtle Rosalie had bought him.

      After each person greeted Alec and talked to him a bit, he fell back to sleep, clutching the turtle to him. Once they knew Alec was asleep, they decided to chat with Tabitha. They talked to her about all the tests that were done on Alec, they talked about school, they even talked about Tabitha's declining health. Jasper felt terrible when he seen how bad Tabitha had looked, but he hoped she'd get better now that Alec was finally awake.

"Carlisle told us about Perri." Alice blurted out, causing Tabitha to sigh.

"I-I couldn't believe she did that to me! To him! She almost killed him, all for some stupid boy! I-I kicked her out of my house. Told her to stay away from me and my son for good. I just- I don't know how I'm going to afford everything now that she's gone. I depended on her, since I'm still in school. I have one month until I'm eighteen and eight months until I graduate. There's no way I can balance school, work and Alec all at once every day." Tabitha said, as the vampires watched her intently.

"When are you planning to come back to school?" Edward asked, causing Tabitha to shrug.

"Don't know, I guess when Alec is finally able to leave the hospital." She answered, knowing she would miss at least a month and a half of school.

"Do you own your house?" Alice asked, before Tabitha looked down at her hands.

"No, we were doing a rent to own on it. There's was no way we could pay the house off in full all at once." Tabitha replied, as all the vampires looked at each other with serious faces.

"What if you moved in with us?" Rosalie blurted out, causing all the vampires eyes to dart to Tabitha.

"I don't want to burden you all, especially with this big secret I'm keeping from everyone at school." Tabitha answered, hoping the subject would be dropped.

"We have our own secret, too, and we're pretty good at hiding it. Why don't you just think about it, and if it's a good idea for you and Alec or not. If you think about it, Alec may be able to go home early, since Carlisle lives there and he is Alec's doctor." Jasper added, knowing that this was very important now to Rosalie.

"Okay, I'll think about it. I'll let you know by Sunday." Tabitha replied, causing the vampires to nod.

      They knew if she did move in, they'd have to tell her their secret. Though by now, they were not exactly scared to tell her. They knew she could keep a secret. Honestly, they were just scared about how she'd react, but they hoped for the best. Carlisle and Esme would find out soon enough, since Rosalie and the others would  tell them almost as soon as they arrived home.

     Tabitha was unsure of her choice. She wanted what was best for her son. She knew Alec needed a steady place to live and needed to be with his mother, but if she lived alone with him, she didn't know what would happen. She couldn't juggle everything, something bad would come of it. Honestly, Rosalie and the rest of the Cullen family's offer was probably the best choice, but she didn't know which choice she'd choose. She just wanted everything to become easier for her and her son already. Things were so difficult right now and all she wanted was for it to go back to normal...

×××××××××××××××××××××××

A/N: I hope you guys liked this chapter. I know there hasn't been much Jasper/Tabitha action, but I promise it will come soon.

Love you guys!

Vote
Comment
Share&
Follow!

- Youngblood Xxx