Chapter Thirty Five

Tabitha had been woken up by Alice early in the morning telling her that Bella's birthday was today. Tabitha really didn't care, but she knew Alice was overly excited. Honestly, Alice had planned to throw Bella a party, even though everyone didn't completely agree with it. Tabitha wanted Alice to throw the party somewhere that wasn't at home, but she didn't get her wish. Apparently Edward had too much of a call in it to have anyone else's opinion matter. Esme and Carlisle only wanted to incorporate mates in the family events, even though Bella wasn't Edward's mate; she was only his blood singer.

"Happy birthday, Bella." Tabitha said, after she spotted Bella walking with Edward.

     Alice had already bombarded the girl with hugs and a gift, even though Bella kept complaining about her birthday. Tabitha simply rolled her eyes at Bella when Bella complained about getting older. She thought the girl was absolutely ridiculous about the whole age thing. Edward was way older than her anyway, so Tabitha didn't understand what the big deal was.

    Tabitha suffered through another day of school, before she practically begged Jasper to take her home. As soon as she got home, the girl ran straight up to her room to get away from everyone. Moments later Jasper came into the room with Alec and Narcissa. He sat down on the bed with them, and Alec went over and hugged his mother.

"I can feel the anger rolling off of you." Jasper said, causing Tabitha to nod.

"Bella is my problem. How could she complain about getting older? It's a human thing, and she should be glad she's still human. I mean, Edward wants her to live a happy human life, but ever minute it seems she's trying to ruin her human life and be turned into a vampire for him. She's not even his mate, and they haven't been together that long for her to believe that she loves him and would spend her entire life as an immortal for him," Tabitha ranted,"I have a feeling she's only with him so she can be immortal. She seems to have an obsession with staying young forever, but being human is putting a damper on her plans." She added, and Jasper nodded.

"I can see where you're coming from, and I completely agree. We just have to let Edward feel the way he wants for now, and once he realizes she's not worth it, maybe we'll be able to move past her and finally go back to being happy like we were before." Jasper replied, causing Tabitha to give him a hopeful smile.

       The couple stayed in their room with their children for a couple more hours, and they watched as the sun began to set. Tabitha felt her lips turn into a frown when she seen Edward's Volvo pull up, and he and Bella stepped out of it. Looking over at the clock, Tabitha realized that the time was eight at night, meaning the kids needed to get to bed. Luckily, Esme had already brought food and a bottle for them earlier, so they were full.

"I'm going to get them ready for bed, then I'll be down." Tabitha said, causing Jasper to frown.

"I'm not going downstairs without you. I'll help." He replied, and Tabitha quietly chuckled.

      Tabitha picked up Alec, as Jasper carried a sleepy Narcissa. They brought the two to their nursery and changed them into pajamas. Jasper also had to change Narcissa's diaper, but that really didn't take much time. Once the kids were tucked into bed, Tabitha and Jasper went back to their room to change. Tabitha wore a simple red dress, which went well with Jasper's outfit. When they came downstairs, Alice gave the two a look of disapproval. The two had already missed most of the greetings and such, so all that was really left was presents and cake.

        Tabitha stood near Jasper, as she watched Bella open the birthday gifts. Tabitha and Jasper had gotten Bella a couple of books, since they figured the girl liked to read. Besides, she'd need to get her collection started if she planned to live an immortal life; which meant she'd never sleep again.

"I didn't even know these books were out yet. Thank you Tabitha and Jasper." Bella said, causing Tabitha to give the girl the first genuine smile she had ever given to her.

"You're welcome," Tabitha replied,"I seen them in the new releases that were being put on the shelf the other day, and I just figured those would be perfect. We didn't know what all books you had or liked, so we had to go with the newest books we could find." She added, and Bella smiled at her as well.

       Bella had been shocked that Tabitha had spoken so freely to her, and it hadn't been an insult or a snarky remark. She believed that the girl was actually coming around, but that was a good thing. If Tabitha started to like her, everyone else would too, than she'd have a better chance of becoming one of them sooner.

        Tabitha watched as another gift was given to Bella. Bella gave another awkward smile, which Tabitha found rather ridiculous. She never understood how the girl could be so awkward and clumsy, and truly believe that she would make a good immortal. Nobody could deal with an awkward and clumsy vampire.

      In what felt like slow motion, Tabitha watched as Bella cut her finger with the wrapping paper. She had the sinking suspicion that Bella had cut herself on purpose, but she couldn't say anything out loud. Everyone went into action, as Jasper had smelled the blood and went to rush Bella. Tabitha had turned to control the situation, knowing she could get Jasper to calm down, but everything just got worse. Matter of fact, Edward and Bella were the reason everything got worse. If it wasn't for them, none of the events would've happened...

×××××××××××××××××××××××××

A/N: I hope you guys liked this chapter. I am so terribly sorry for never updating this book. I am almost finished with it though, since this book is only going through the first Twilight and not the others.

Love you guys!

Vote
Comment
Share&
Follow!

- Youngblood Xxx