Chapter Four

Like Tabitha had told Alice, she was busy over the weekend. As soon as she woke up Saturday morning, she went to the kitchen and fixed some scrambled eggs for her son. By the time the eggs were ready and his drink was fixed, Alec began calling for his mother. Tabitha made her way into their room, before scooping her son up off of his bed. She carried the sleepy child into the kitchen and sat him down in his high chair. She placed the eggs and drink in front of him, before fixing herself a cup of mint coffee and a fried egg.

"Egg!" Alec exclaimed, as he shoved food into his mouth.

"Yes, you have eggs. I hope you like them." Tabitha replied, as she ate her own egg.

"T'ank yew." Alec said, causing Tabitha to smile.

"You're welcome, baby." She cooed, as she finished her food.

     Once her and Alec were both done eating, she brought him back into their room to change. She put him on a new diaper, before slipping him into a white onesie that read "Momma's Boy" and a pair of jeans. She then sat him down on the floor, before grabbing a pair of jeans and a shirt for herself. She quickly got dressed and brushed out her hair, before picking Alec back up into her arms.

"Want to go outside and play?" Tabitha asked Alec, causing him to nod quickly.

"Yes!" He exclaimed, causing Tabitha to laugh.

    She carried her son outside, not worried about anyone seeing her playing outside with her son. Nothing was going to keep her from spending time with her son, especially crude teenagers. She sat Alec down in the grass, letting him wobble himself around in the backyard. He wasn't great at walking, but he was close to mastering it soon enough. He just needed a little more practice and motivation.

     As he played, Tabitha pulled toys out for him to mess with. Once she had finished hooking up his swing though, he became very excited. He loved swinging. He always wanted to swing, which was why Tabitha was going to buy a better swing for his second birthday. She smiled sadly, knowing her little boy would be turning two in two months. He was growing up so fast, and she barely could handle it.

      Tabitha felt as if she wasn't spending enough time with her son, and he was growing up without her. She never missed any of his memorable milestones, but she was scared that one day she would. She was so scared of missing something important that she couldn't get back, making her almost paranoid when she left him. She was always upset once she left for school each day, nothing could change that about her. She loved Alec so much, and even though having him cost her almost everything, she'd never want to take back anything that led up to her having him. He was her pride and joy, with his bright green eyes, almost white, blonde curls and his smile that always reached his eyes.

"Want some lunch now?" Tabitha asked, surprised that it was already eleven.

"Otay." Alec answered, hungry for whatever his mother was going to feed him.

     Tabitha carried her son inside, seeing Perri's car was gone. She smiled, knowing Perri was either working or pampering herself, giving Tabitha alone time with Alec. Perri had never told Tabitha if she worked on the weekends or not, but Tabitha didn't want to pry answers out of her best friend, especially when she would be told the answer sooner or later.

"Hotdogs?" Tabitha asked Alec, causing him to nod excitedly.

"Hotdog." He replied, before sipping his drink.

        Alec loved hotdogs, especially when listening to the song from Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, the song at the very end of each episode, the song known as the Hotdog Dance. Alec would squeal and dance, as well as sing, though his singing was mostly baby talk and the consistent word "hotdog."

"Here you go." Tabitha said, as she placed cut up hotdogs in front of Alec.

      As he ate, she got ready to put him down for his nap. He didn't like the idea of naptime, though he'd always fall asleep quite easily. Tabitha never had troubles getting him to fall asleep at naptime, though sometimes she had troubles when he woke up in the middle of the night and didn't want to sleep. Those nights she'd stay up with him, being completely exhausted the next morning.

     Anyhow, once he was finished eating his lunch, Tabitha picked him up and carried him to their room. She laid him down in her bed, before laying down next to him. When he took naps, she'd nap as well, refreshing herself for more activities later in the day. Alec whined for a moment, before placing his head down on Tabitha's chest, and snuggling close to his mother. She wrapped herself and her son tighter into the blankets, holding her son close to her body.

     As she heard his breathing even out, she knew he was asleep. She felt her eyes growing heavy as well, also knowing she wasn't too far from falling asleep herself. She looked down at her son, brushing his curls out of his face. She smiled at his peaceful look, knowing he was resting well. He had troubles resting for the first few nights here at the new house, but he had finally, by Friday, became accustomed to the new house.

     She knew he still needed more time to adjust, which didn't bother her in the slightest. She just hoped that he would adjust fully and not hate their new home forever. Well, he didn't actually hate the home, he just wasn't use to it. She knew he would like this place better, especially after installing the new swing. He loved anywhere where there was a swing, even if it wasn't small enough for him. He'd sit in his mother's lap and swing if he had too. Tabitha felt her eyelids fall, before sleep overcome her thoughts...

××××××××××××××××××××××××

A/N: I hope you guys liked this chapter. The Cullen family will not meet her son in the first five chapters, that's way too cliché. I think it'll stay a secret for quite a while.

Love you guys!

Vote
Comment
Share&
Follow!

- Youngblood Xxx