Chapter 4

Photo: OTMAA circa 1910

We finished practicing with papa which took for an hour. We headed to the Ballroom to prepare for our entrance.

We stood in line with our partners. I got paired with this guy named David he worked in the Standart since 1895. When Papa announced our name's we Entered inside the ballroom and started dancing. "May i dance with my Daughter?" Papa said offering his hand to dance with me. I smiled then we headed to the dancefloor

After me and Papa danced i rushed in the corner and chugged a glass of water I was so tired from all that dancing. I grabbed a piece of bread and went outside to star gaze. I dont really socialize with people that much unlike my other siblings and this made me less popular out of all my sister's.

"Hello Sofia what are you doing out here all alone?" I heard a familiar voice behind me i turned around to see Andrei. "Andrei!" i exclaimed "Nothing i just dont want to socialize or dance with random people" I said. He sat beside me. We started to talk about how our day went and the thing's we loved "Do you miss your family? Like how often do you see them?" I questioned out of the blue "I rarely see them but we write letters to eachother very often" he answered "You'll get to see them soon i'll ask papa to get you a 1 week break so you can get to see and spend some time with your family!" I offered "Really Sofi?" he said joyfully "Yes i'll come find you when papa agreess" I said "Thank you so much your highness i hope he says yes!" He exclaimed pulling me for a hug. It took me a few seconds to process this moment i eventually hugged him back.

I waved goodbye to Andrei as i entered back in the Ballroom to drink water. I ate another piece of bread as i watched my sister's dance with other guards "Sofia! there you are ive been looking all around for you" Olga said running up to me "Oh i went outside for fresh air. Anyways wheres Papa i need to speak to him urgently" I said while looking at Tatiana and Maria converse with our british cousins "Okay come with me" she said. I followed her to Papa's office.

We knocked in the door's until we heard a faint "Come in". We entered his office and sat down in the chair's "Papa i have a request for this fellow officer" I said anxiously. "Go on" he nodded his head. "Can you make an excuse for this officer Andrei Feodorov? like can you give him a vacation break to see his family for a week?" I said while fiddling with my fingers. "Well Andrei is a good man he does his work very well. Yes i'll give him a break for a week" He said smiling at me. "Thank you so much for understanding him Papa i'll go tell him right away When does he leave?" I said hugging him. "Tommorow" he answered. I gave him a thankful smile and left his office with Olga.