Chapter 32

Photo: Romanov Family 1913

February 1913

Today Me,Olga and Tatiana are going to a formal photograph session for the Romanov Tercentenary which will be held later at St. Petersburg in Catherine Palace. "This dress is quite itchy" Tatiana complained "But the session hasn't even started yet!" I chuckled "I know we just have to wait patiently" Tatiana said fixing her kokoshnik tiara "Wait patiently!? It has been 30 minutes!" Olga yelled "Calm down Olishka" I said, Olga rolled her eyes and walked to the other side of the room. Olga is very impatient when it comes to formal photoshoots she couldn't even stand still that long.

Mama walked in the room with her Court dress and said, "Vladimir Mikhailovich (i made up this name) will be here soon so take your positions from eldest to youngest". Olga stood first then me in the middle then Tatiana. "Sorry im late i ran into a problem" Vladimir apologized setting the camera up.

We stood still as Vladimir counted to 3. We also took individual photos and Mama is going to choose which one is going to be released and which one is not. "Olga,Sofia and Tatiana come here and help me choose your photographs" Mama ordered. We went over and looked at our photographs "Why not release all of them?" Olga said "No we have to pick two of each" Mama stated "Are we going to keep the ones that aren't going to be released?" I asked looking at my photographs, there's like 6 of them while Olga and Tatiana's are just 4, "Yes you are going to keep them on your albums" Mama answered. "Oh and i forgot to remind you that we are going to have a official family photoshoot after this" Mama stated "Another one?", " Yes so everyone change to the dresses i picked on your bed" Mama ordered.

We headed in our room and came across Maria and Anastasia with their white dresses and they're hair already fixed "Where are you going?" Olga asked "To the formal photograph room Papa and Alyosha are waiting there so better get ready" Maria stated. "I like the dress and the tiara its so fancy!" Anastasia smiled "Thanks" i smiled back.

"Its so hard to get this Tiara off!" Olga complained "I know its ruining our hair and we have to get there soon!" I said. "Girls allow me to help you" Anna Vyrubova said. Anna helped us get our tiara out without messing our hair "Wow thank you Anya" Tatiana smiled "No problem, now change to your white dresses the others are waiting" Anna stated. We changed into our dresses, Anna helped us fix our hair.

We ran into the formal photograph room and positioned ourselves in the back "What took you so long?" Papa asked "Our tiara got stuck in our hair" Tatiana answered. "Okay position now!" Mama ordered, Olga and Tatiana sat in the front, Anastasia stood next to Papa wrapping her arms around Alexei while Alexei sat and wrapped his arms around Anastasia, Maria,Mama and i stood in the back, i was in the middle again. Im always in the middle during photograph sessions.

Once the session ended we went over and looked at our photographs and signed it before releasing it to the public. "Everyone take a rest for a while because later we are going to a parade" Mama stated. We went to our room and saw Vicky snoring again on my bed. "What a sleepy head" Olga laughed. "He's a fat boy" Tatiana chuckled "Hey dont bully my son!" I teasingly said "He's just like you! He likes sleeping so much and so as you!" Olga laughed, i rolled my eyes and layed in my bed next to Vicky.

I sat in my bed knitting a small hat for vicky while Olga went to the library to read a book while Tatiana painted beside the windows. "The windows is your favorite spot right?" I said out of the blue "Yes its refreshing" Tatiana said. "A letter for Tatiana and Sofia Nikolaevna" Charlotte stated handing out our letters. "Who is it from?" I asked "From Dmitri! What about you?" She looked back at me "From Sergei as always" i replied. I opened the letter and read what it said.

Dear Sofia,

I have saw your official photographs and wow you looked so pretty on those Court dress and white dresses! You and your sisters looked absolutely charming, like a Princess from a fairytale fantasy book! Is it okay if i keep one of your photographs in my bedside? Its okay if you dont want to, the only photograph i keep on my bedside is the picture of us together in Germany with Sony. I hope to see you soon Sofia Nikolaevna, Happy 300 years of Romanov Rule may God bless the Imperial Family, Long live the Czar!