Chapter 28

Photo: Tatiana,Anastasia and Alexei 1911

13 November Kiev,Ukraine 1911

Me,Mama,Papa,Olga and Tatiana rode the carriage to the Monastery caves here in Kiev. Maria,Anastasia and Alexei was left behind in St. Petersburg since we wont be staying here long.

We arrived at the Monastery i almost tripped because of my long dress. Its hot in this dress im sweating. "Its hot" Olga complained "I know i hate it these shoes are tight and this hat is quite heavy for me i think im going to have a severe headache" I laughed "Can you two keep it down?" Tatiana glared at us. She has been acting more bossy so we called her the "Governess"  i rolled my eyes and turned to the other way "Its almost your birthday!" I exclaimed "Yes! Im 16 im a young lady!" She smiled "I know and im turning 16 next year!" I smiled clapping my hands. "I realized you wore the ring i gave you on your 15th birthday" Olga said, i looked at the ring and nodded my head.

The parades started my feet were immediately aching just as the parade started. "Are you okay?" Tatiana asked "Yes my feet is aching so bad" i replied "Don't worry the parade is ending soon tell Mama about this after okay?" Tatiana said. I smiled and nodded my head. "We are staying at Grandmama's dacha later! Im cant wait to see her!" Olga exclaimed "Yes me too! I miss her cookies!" I added "Girls be quiet!" Mama ordered. I held back an eye roll and we continued to chat in a lower voice.

When the parade ended i told Mama my feet was aching so much. We rode the carriage and drove to Grandmama's dacha. "Sofia take your shoes off to reduce the aching" Mama ordered i took off my shoes and saw a red spots on my socks "Oh my! Sofia take off your socks" Mama ordered i took of my socks and saw my toes bleeding .

We arrived at Grandmama's dacha i was about to stand up until Mama stopped me from doing so "Let your father carry you inside so it doesn't get infected" Mama stated. Olga and Tatiana already waited outside for us. Papa gently carried me and placed me on the sofa. Grandmama came in and stood in shock "What happened to my granddaughter Nicky!?" Grandma exclaimed "Grandmama its okay my shoes was just tight" i explained "Nikita get Dr. Vinogradova immediately!" Mama ordered her lady in waiting. Olga sat beside me and whispered, "We should totally get shoes as a gift rather than Jewelries for our birthday next time". We both laughed at what she said. Tatiana and the others looked at us confused.

We sat waiting for Dr. Vinogradova Tatiana already went out to enjoy the lake while me and Olga sat there chatting about the things we hate " Whats taking her so long?" I said frustratedly. "Im here sorry for taking so long i ran into a problem" Dr. Vinogradova apologized as she came up to me and checked my wound. I looked at her name tag she has the same name as my eldest sister "Dr. Olga Vinogradova?" I said she looked at me and raised her eyebrows "Oh nothing you just have the same name as my sister" i smiled, Olga and Dr. Vinogradova laughed.

"Her toes are okay it just bled because of the shoes i suggest to buy new shoes" Dr. Vinogradova stated as she stood up "Told you" Olga laughed. Grandmama and Mama thank Dr. Vinogradova. I sat up and swinged my legs in boredom "Sofia stop that, thats unpleasant" Mama scolded "Can i stand or walk atleast?" I asked "Sure just be careful" Mama replied "Tommorow we'll be heading to Livadia i have sent Maria,Anastasie and Alexei there" Papa stated. Olga's 16th birthday is coming soon and we usually spent our birthday celebrations at Livadia.