Chapter 44

Photo: Anastasia Nikolaevna Romanova 1916

August 1916

Vasily was back again in the infirmary with 2 bullets on his right leg. Papa is in Petrograd, Mama is not feeling well again and Alexei is with Maria and Anastasia chatting with the woundeds.

Mama's trusted friend Anna Vyrubova got on a train accident and we're visiting her later at her Dacha with Alexei. "When are we going to Anya's?" Anastasia asks, "After lunch break" I answer, "I hope she's doing fine" Maria says sympathetically, "Is Mama going to come with us?" Alexei asks, "I dont know maybe" I answer.

I headed outside and took my veil off and untied my hair making it lose and putted my bow on the side of my hair for some design. I saw Dmitri with Tatiana and Olga with her Mitya. I sat by the garden and started knitting trying to clear my mind off the stress.

"What are you doing here all alone Miss?" I heard a voice behind me, i looked to see who it was and its a fellow wounded soldier, "Oh hello sir, nothing i just want to clear my mind" i smile, "Okay i shouldn't interrupt you on your break i'll just leave" the man says as he wheeled to the courtyard but i stopped him and said, "Wait! Its okay you can talk to me i dont mind" i smile, he wheeled back and wheeled next to me, "Whats your name sir?" I asks, "Peter, Peter Turgenev" he answers, "Nice to meet you sir, im Sofia Nikolaevna" i say sticking my hand out for a handshake, "You look more beautiful with your hair lose than up you know" he compliments, "Thanks Peter i have never had my hair lose for a very long time" i say, "I say you should have it lose more often your auburn hair is very pretty" he smiles, "Thanks Peter" i smiled back, "Sofia its lunch break lets go we're having lunch at Anya's" Olga states, "I have to go now Peter, see you around" i say as i waved goodbye and ran to Olga, "Why do you have your hair lose? And where's you Vail?" She asks, "Its more refreshing with my hair being lose for me" i say "Well its your choice" she chuckles.

We took a carriage ride to Anya's and we sat in silence during the ride, "Why's your hair lose?" Tatiana asks, "I like it more" i answer, "I agree it fits you more" Maria supported, "Thanks" i smile at her, "We're going to a charity meeting later after our visit" Olga states, "And its just me Sofia and Tatiana" Olga added, "Aw i wanted to come" Anastasia frowned, "Next time" I say, "How's the child hospital bill? Is he getting good treatment?" Maria asks, "Yes he's doing great all of us are visiting him later and when i say all of us it means all OCTMAA (Olga, Sofia, Tatiana, Maria, Anastasia and Alexei, S in russian turns to C).

We have arrived in Anna's datcha and it looks peacefully quiet, its also very windy since her dacha is near the sea, "Hold your hat Sonyechka!" Anastasia yelled, "Yes!" I yelled back because the wind is blowing hard.

We entered inside and find Anna laying down in bed, "Greetings my dear ones please take a seat, we prepared some salads and tea! I know your hungry" she smiles, the servant served us salad and tea, "Thanks Miss" Alexei smiles, "So how are you all doing?" Anna asks, "We're great a little bit stressed because there's more and more wounded coming in everyday" Tatiana answers, "That is very bad but thank you for your service" she smiles, "Where's your mother? I was expecting to see her" she frowns, "She's feeling horrible so she can not come and visit you but she has this for you" i say handing her a letter, "Tell her i said thanks" she says, "Is your Papa back from Petrograd?" Anna asks, "No, it has been a week and he's not responding to any of our letters" Alexei says, "Maybe he's just very busy dont stress him too much when he gets back home okay?" She says, "Yes Anya" Maria smiles, "There's also some fruits do you want some?" Anna asks, "No thank you im full" Anastasia says rubbing her stomach, "Okay then" Anna chuckles.

"Bye thanks for visiting my loves!" Anna waves goodbye, "Bye Anya!" Alexei waves back. We heades back to the carriage and rode back to the infirmary, "We'll pick you up later after our meeting" Olga states as we hopped out of the carriage. We entered the charity room and sat in the side as Olga does the paperwork, "I ate too much i think im going to barf" Tatiana complains, "Better hold it in" i chuckled, "Your turn Sofia" Olga says as she stood up, i signed some donations i refused some because there are not really needed for the charity fund, "Ms. Governess" i teased, Tatiana rolls her eyes as she sat down and does the same thing.

We headed back to the Palace, i sat in my bed and saw a letter on my desk, i looked to see who it was from and its from George, i opened it and it says:

Dear Sofia,

How are you? Are you doing good? Its been a long time since we last saw eachother and i miss you very much, my wife and i are doing great thanks for the knitted rose Nadejda liked it so much, why are there like drops of tears on ypur last letter? What happened? Did you cry? Did someone hurt you? Please dont be afraid to tell me and ask for help if you need, im always here for you. God bless you Sofia.

-George

Dang it i sent the other one with the drops of tears rather than the clean one! Im so stupid now he's worried, i have to reply to him back and let him know im okay, whats a good excuse for that drop of tears? Maybe i'll just tell him i spilled little water on the paper, yeah thats a good idea i'll write that to him.

A/N
Sorry i have no more ideas how to continue this chapter haha.