Chapter 16

Photo: OTMA with Tsar Nicholas 1910

We entered Mama's sick room to find her all sick and pale. "Mama how are you?" Tatiana asked while holding her hand "Im quite ill for now my daughters im afraid i can't come with you and do some physical activities for now. But you can communicate with me by writing letters. Be good girls okay? Olga,Sofia and Tatiana you three are the eldest and knows better take care of the little ones" Mama said while holding our hands together. We smiled and gently hugged her "If you're gonna write to me altogether write it in one letter and put the acronym OSTMA" Mama said "OSTMA? Mama what's that?" Maria tilted her head "Its a acronym i made for you 5 made by the first letter of your names" Mama smiled we all nodded our head and smiled.

We talked with Mama for a while i felt really bad for her. We are going to pick flowers from the garden later. Mama's favourite flower is a rose im going to pick some for her. "Hey Sonyechka! Want to gift Mama a rose painting later?" Anastasia came up to me "Sure! Lets go" I smiled. She grabbed my hand and leaded me to her room. She grabbed a canvas and a paint set and handed it over to me. "We are going to paint a rose together to gift it to Mama so she can feel a little better!" She exclaimed proudly "Great idea Nastya" I said while patting her head. We started painting we divided the canvas in half the other side for me and the other side for Anastasia.

"How are we gonna send this to Mama if we are not allowed to see her?" Anastasia asked while outlining the petal. "We can tell Mama's friend Anna to just give it to her and say that its from us" I answered while painting the petal. She smiled and continued outlining.

I finished painting and letted it dry while Anastasia is almost done painting. "Hello Sofia and Anastasia i see your painting a rose" Anna Vyrubova said as she walks in "Yeah we are goint to give it to mama later" Anastasia said as she cleans up her art set "Actually can you give it to Mama later?" I favoured "Why yes of course my dear your Mama would be so happy and proud" Anna smiled "Thanks Anya!" Anastasia ran up and hugged her.

We let the painting dry in Anastasia rooms. We headed to the gardens with our baskets and hat. I also grabbed my box camera to take pictures of some flowers and put it in my photo albums. "Glad to see you all healthy again Tsarevna Sofia" I heard a familiar voice behind me i turned around to see who it was and it was my friend Sergei. "Sergei! Glad to see you again" I smiled "I have something for you Close your eyes"  He said putting his hand on my eyes and leading me to somewhere. He sat me down in a bench and felt paws on my legs "What is this?" I asked "Open your eyes" he said. I opened my eyes to see a brown Maltipoo puppy. My eyes widened. He putted the tiny puppy in my arms as i started to give it a belly rub " Thank you so much Sergei! I've always wanted a dog before. Thank you so so much" I thanked smiling at him. "Glad you liked it Miss Sofia. What will you name him?" He asked as he patted the tiny puppy's head. "Since it's a Male im going to name it Sony after my pet name" I smiled "Sony is a nice name" he said.

We putted the puppy in the courtyard to try and potty train him. "Who owns this puppy? Its really cute!" Alexei came up to us and carried the puppy. Sergei saluted "No need to Salute fellow officer" Alexei smiled. Sergei nodded his head "Its my dog named Sony that he gifted to me" I answered and looked at Sergei "Wow he's really cute where did you find him?" Alexei looked at Sergei "I found him roaming around the streets. Poor puppy was all dirty. Since i cannot take care of the dog i decided to clean it and give it to your sister" Sergei answered "Its great that you decided to rescue him. I mean who would abandon a cute puppy?" Alexei said handing over Sony to me. "Yeah i know whoever left this puppy on the streets is a disgrace!" I exclaimed.

We were playing with Sony all along. We were running trying to catch him until Alexei tripped over a rock. I ran up to him as he was screaming in pain "Help! Someone help us!" I called out "This is you and your stupid Puppy's fault!" Alexei blamed. My heart shattered. It wasn't my fault it was just an accident. Once the officers picked Alexei up i raned inside the Palace with Sony in my arms and bursted in the library where no one would see me crying. Sony had no idea what was going on so he just layed down waiting for me to stop crying.