Chapter 47

Photo: OTMAA 1917

March 1917

My dear siblings is sick with Measles and they have been moved to a seperated room from me. Im the only one who didn't got measles Mama says its probably because i battled measles last 1914 but that doesn't make any sense because it has been 3 years and i think the medications i took wont work anymore. Everyday i join Mama on her daily walks around the Garden still waiting for Papa to come home.

We went back inside since Mama is getting tired and i am too. Everyday i eat alone and basically everything i do now is alone since all of my siblings are sick which is really depressing because theres no Olga chatting with me around, no Tatiana bossing over us, no Maria there to brighten up the room and no mischievous little Anastasia around.

I sit in the dining table drinking my ice tea as i read the Daily Mirror newspaper until i hear Mama sobbs in her room. I enter and find her kneeling down with a newspaper on hand. "Mama what happened?" I say rubbing her back, "Your Papa has abdicated the throne and we have been put in house arrest by the new government" Mama sobbs. I felt a lump in my throat but i have to hold it in because i have to comfort my mother not to make it worse. "W-what about the maids here? Are they staying with us?" I ask mama, "They have until 4 in the afternoon to leave, its their choice if they would stay loyal to us" Mama answers.

I went to look out the window and saw people leaving. I cry in the window sill as i watch maids, guards leaving. Charlotte walks in the room with bags on her hand, "Ch-Charlotte?  Y-your leaving?" I ask, "Im sorry Sofia Nikolaevna im really sorry" She cries, "Please stay with me" i begged, "Im deeply sorry Sofia but i have a family" she cries in my arms, "Please dont leave your my friend since birth!" I say to her. She took a deep sigh and walks out of the room crying. I ran to her and hugged her from behind "Goodbye Sofia i'll miss you my sweet girl, i know your turning twenty one but be a good girl always okay? Remember im always here for you even when im not in your sight anymore, goodbye i'll never forget you sweet one" She says as she waves goodbye. I look at her leaving from the window sill. She sees me and waves goodbye for the very last time. I blow a little kiss and gave a crooked smile. Cool my world is slowly crumpling into pieces.

I saw new guards walking around the gardens. I walk outside to recognize some of their faces just incase, "Excuse me citizen you are not allowed to walk outside this time" The guard approached me, "Why?" I glared at him, "Just follow the rules damnit! Get inside!" He shouts pushing me back inside, such impolite and harsh manners! Especially to a lady.

Mama is nursing my siblings since she is not around, now im scared to walk around alone, great. "Sofia!" I hear a man scream behind, i turned around and saw our french tutor Pierre Gilliard, "Monsieur Gilliard? Your still here? I thought you left" I say to him, "No i will forever stay loyal to all of you" he states, "Thanks Monsieur" i smiled, "An officer said there will be new rules installed so be careful Sofia" Monsieur Gilliard states.

I sit in the window sill and continued reading my book. I saw a bunch of guards looking at me. I shut the window curtains and sat in my bed instead.

"Sofia your father has arrived!" Mama says. I ran to the commons room and hugged him tightly, "My sweet daughter i missed you" Papa says kissing me in the forehead, "I missed you too dear Papa" i smiled, "My dearest Nicky" Mama smiles hugging Papa, "Sofia my dear will you go check up on your siblings for me?" Mama says, "Sure" i smiled.

I went over to the sick room and carried a candle with me since its dark. "Hello?" I say, "Anybody here?" I chuckles, "Sonyechka!" Olga shouts, "Why on earth is so dark in here?" I complained, "I dont know" Tatiana says, "Anyways i was sent here to check up on all of you. How are you all?" I ask, "Good and Tatiana and Anastasia has gone deaf i think so you need to shout to talk to them" Maria states, "Oh okay. How are you!" I yell. Anastasia gives me a thumbs up. "Is Papa here?" Olga asks, "Yes" i answer, "Papa has abdicated..." Alexei says, "W-what?" Maria stutters, "Please tell me this isnt true!" Olga says, "Unfortunately it is very true, and we have been put under house arrest by the new government" I say, "What about the servants?" Maria asks, "Its their choice if they'll suffer with us or not" I answer, "We just have to stay strong" I say.

"Did you felt this way when you were sick with Measles?" Maria asks, "Yes it was very bad my eyes were swollen, my back ached very badly and i just felt horrible" i say, "Oh you did not gone deaf?" Olga asks, "A little but not badly" I answer, "Get well soon, I have to go" i say to them leaving the room with my candle.

I went back to the commons room and saw our new commander in charge. I stood next to mama while Papa talks to him. "Oh uh meet my second eldest daughter, Sofia Nikolaevna" Papa introduces me. I bowed as he offers a handshake. Instead i gave him an intense expression. Mama touched my hand and whispers, "Sofia manners!". I stopped and gave him a smile, "I guess your daughter has some trust issues" He chuckled, "Name?" I ask coldly, "Alexander" he answers, "The rest are sick thats why she's the only one present" Papa says, "Alright. There will be new rules installed here and-" Papa cuts him off and asks, "What about my daily morning walks?". " Every 8 am" he answers.

I lean in a window sill reading a book i found on the little pairs infirmary, i also have a caviar sandwich and an ice tea.

"See you in Yekaterinburg" i heard a voice whisper behind me i turned around and there was no one there im all alone my siblings are sick Mama and Papa are outside and its just me, please tell me there are no ghosts haunting me and what do they mean about 'See you in Yekaterinburg'? Andrei lives in Yekaterinburg what if he's telling me to go there? Maybe he wants me to visit his grave? I would go anywhere just not in the Urals.

The light of my lamp suddenly went out, i tried turning it on but it wont open. I went  to Mama's lilac room which where she always is. I knocked on the doors and entered , "Ma is the electricity out?" I ask. Mama tried turning on her lamp but it wont, "It is but no worries we will use candles" she says handing me a candle, "Thanks Mama" i smiled and walked out.

I headed back to my room and leaned on a window sill and watched the Cossacks outside.

A/N
Thank you so much for 1k reads!!!!!!