Chapter 37

Photo: Romanov Family in Romania 1914

I wake up and immediately took a shower, i just realized i wont be needing any hair treatment for now because im bald so thats a relief.

I changed into our temporary white dresses and putted on my head covering. I wonder if George has received my letter, i also hope he replies back soon. Wait didn't i just said yesterday that i will rain hell fire on him if he plans on courting me? Well i take that back now i'll only rain fire on him if he does something bad, oh and i also remember that i said i'll run away from him, i also take that back he seems like a sweet guy i want to get to know him a little better i want to know his love language.

I snapped back to reality and realized that i've been staring in the mirror like a fool, i need to control myself at daydreaming. Olga and Tatiana is nowhere in sight, maybe they're in the dining room waiting for me.

I stood up and headed to the dining room i find Alexei drawing something, i went over and sat next to him and observed his drawing. "Good morning Sonyechka" Alexei greeted with a smile "Good Morning Alexei, what are you drawing?" I smiled back "Honestly i don't know what im drawing im just letting my imagination control it" He answered "That's good but where are the others?" I ask "Actually they're outside waiting for us im just waiting for Mama" He answered, my eyes widened and ran outside with my things and stood next to Olga and Maria.

"Look's like we have two sisters who caught the Mountbatten brothers eye" Olga chuckled "We are just friends" Maria said "You and Louis are perfect together" I say fixing my hair covering.

We rode the carriage to ride off to the Yacht of course. Then there were picture takings, Mama said i should wear a wig but it looks uncomfortable and itchy so i refused but Mama said that we have to look presentable for the Romanian Royal Family and i had no choice but to wear it, i hate wearing wigs they'll just fall off or sometimes fly away.

We got on the Standart and immediately find my friend Sergei I haven't seen him in a long time pretty sure he has changed a lot.

I find Sergei on the deck alone, i decided to do a cheeky suprise, i covered his eyes and let him recognize it before letting it go. He touches my hand and say's "Hmm smooth hand, diamond ring, theres no other pretty hands like this other than the Duchess Sofia" he says, i laugh and smiles at him "Its been a long time Sergei" i say taking a sit "I know and i have good news for you" he says taking a seat next to me. "Im an official officer of the Imperial Family! Which means we will be seeing each other more often!" He exclaims "Thats such wonderful news! When do you start?" I smile "Right now like litterraly right now" he answers "Thats Good you can accompany me by my order" i say "Yes, Madame" he salutes "Please Stop it Sergei i don't like that kind of act" i say. He stops saluting and chuckles

I sit in the deck talking with Sergei and telling each other what we done since we last saw each other, i did not tell him about George's liking on me because he might get jealous or something.

The yacht signaled us that we have officially arrived in Romania. I said my excuse to Sergei and went over to our room to change. We had a large hat, i hate wearing this kind of hats.

We got off the ship and greeted some Romanian officers. Mama immediately greeted Queen Marie and Papa greeted Prince Carol, oh and i forgot to mention we went sunburning on the skerries before going here, Olga says its for us to not look that appealing to the Romanian Royals, and i say its a smart idea.

A little girl went up to me and smiled "Hi are you the Grand Duchess Sofia Romanova?" She asks "Yes, thats me, whats your name?" I smile "Im Princess Ileana, nice to meet you Duchess Sofia i have seen you in your formal photographs and you look absolutely stunning! But you look more beautiful in personal!"she complimented, i blushed a little and smiled at her "Thank you Ileana i appreciate the compliment" i smiled.

Prince Carol looks like he hasn't showered for days, i shouldn't be that judgemental, yeah we'll just see if this Marriage really happens.

"Has your George replied to you?" Maria asks "No, but has your Louis wrote to you?" I ask "Yes, Louis and George's letter was delivered at the same time" Maria stated.

Picture taking has started i stood next to Olga and Papa in the corner. Olga has a baby in her hands its so cute i want to squeeze its cheeks.

I walked around the sand Olga and Carol are talking but i can tell Olga is disgusted.

I love the beach i wish i can swim but no Mama wont allow me too because i will get 'sick' again. Maria is at the tent with Mama while Anastasia is walking with me.

The wind is blowing hard until my wig flew off revealing my bald head. Many people stared and laughed at me. I run away in embarrassment and seated in the courtyard and bursted crying.

I heard a familiar voice come up to me. It was my sister's Maria and Anastasia. Maria sat next to me and hugged me while Anastasia mischievous behaviour rised up again, she putted my hat in my head to cover my bald head, i gave her a thankful smile.

After my breakdown i sat with Mama in the tent and started knitting. What do you like more being alone or being with someone? I like being alone more im scared of talking to random people, i dont socialize that much, i also want some friends not in the family like Sergei, but how can i make some friends if i dont even go out the palace right?.