Chapter 40

Photo: Maria and Anastasia 1915

March 1915

I walk around the Gardens with Vasily for some sunlight, we have been serving as a nurse for almost a year now and im telling you its quite a relief when you saved someones life. Olga is having breakdowns and has been prescribed with daily arsenic injections. I have suggested her to let go of her nursing job since its ruining her mental health but she refused many times.

"Would you like some tea?" I offered "No thank you" Vasily smiled. Me and Tatiana are doing great in our nursing job, i think Tatiana has found her love interest named Dmitri Malama, he even gave her a cocker spaniel dog and she named it Ortipo and he and Vicky gets along really well, but the problem is Ortipo is a heavy sleeper sometimes i cant even sleep at night due to his loud snoring! Tatiana wont let him sleep in a different room.

Polina and Sergei had a garden wedding in February it was so lovely and beautiful, we still get in touch with each other in a normal basis.

Papa is still in the front with Alexei and i dont know when he's coming back but i hope soon.

"Sofia we are visiting Mama today in Gatchina get dressed and we'll leave in 30 minutes" Olga states.

I changed into a plain white blouse and to a navy blue skirt and partnered it with a black little hat and headed outside and waited for Olga and Anastasia. "Why are we visiting Mama?" Maria asks "I dont know maybe she just wants to see us" Tatiana answered "But what about your wounded patients?" Maria asked again "We get a break today" i answered.

Olga and Anastasia has arrived and we headed to the train station and took the route to Gatchina.

"Im excited to see Grandma" Anastasia exclaims "Me too we haven't seen her in a long time" i added "She'll be so happy" Tatiana smiles "Are you okay Olga?" I asks "A little dizzy" she answered "Do you need anything?" Tatiana asks, Olga shook her head no.

"I think the arsenic injections are not helping" Tatiana whispers "I know i think she just needs some rests" i whisper back, "Have you got any news from George?" Tatiana smirked, "No, strange maybe he's just busy" i answer, "Do you ever considering marrying him?" Tatiana asks "What?", " You can be a Marchioness of Milford Haven" she states, "I mean just imagine, Sofia Mountbatten, Marchioness of Milford Haven" She states, "Okay, im 18 im still pretty young to be married to someone" I say, "And i prefer to stay as a Grand Duchess with the Romanov name" I stated "Okay its your choice, im just saying" Tatiana chuckles.

We have arrived in Gatchina, We got out of the train and entered in Grandma's common room, "Grandma!" The little pair exclaimed and ran to her and hugged her, "Hello Grandmama" Olga greeted, "Hello my dear granddaughter's how are you?" She asks "We are fine" Tatiana answers "How is it with your nursing job? Did you three saved a lot of lives?" She asks "Yes, we did" I answered "Im proud of you three keep up the good work and always do your best" she supported, i smiled.

We had some tea and biscuit's at the balcony of Gatchina Palace, i enjoy the view its so relaxing, its been days since i get to have a vacation break working in the hospital is so tiring but i have to, to save lives.

"Sofia, are you planning on marrying someone?" Grandmama asks "No" i answered "Why not?" She asks "Because she prefers to be a Grand Duchess and carry the Romanov Name" Tatiana answers for me, "Oh Sofia, that day will come, you'll fall inlove with someone and marry them" Mama states "Yeah you fall inlove with someone and later you find out that they're engaged or dating someone" i sassed, "Dont sass at me young lady!" Grandmama scolds, "Sorry" i apologize but didn't really mean it.

"Thanks for the visit my darlings may God protect you" Grandmama waved goodbye to us. "Did you like the visit Olga?" Tatiana asks "Yes i do" she answers "Okay, how about you Sofia?" She asks but i didn't answer, "Sofia? Hello? Im asking you" she says "Oh yes i liked the visit" i answer.

Today's day was tiring i just want to sleep because sleep is everything but then i wake up all sweaty, do you relate? You take a nap all dry not a single sweat but you wake up like your body is taking a bath from your own sweat? Ew.

"When are we going back to the infirmary?" I ask "Tommorow" Olga answered "So we get a break today?" Tatiana asks "Exactly" i answered.

"I hope this war will be over soon" Maria sighed "I know me too" Anastasia said, "Are you okay Sofia? You have been acting weird since our visit to Gatchina" Olga asked "Yeah im fine" i answered "You Look... Sick and Pale" Tatiana states "No im just exhausted" i say "You sure?", "Yes" i lied i felt weak, maybe its my Anemia kicking in again, please dont be sick again i hate being sick.

We have arrived in the Palace, i immediately went to our room and collapsed to my bed, today has been a very tiring day, see you tomorrow fella, remember to eat and drink water and love yourself okay? You are very much loved. Love: Sofia Romanova.

A/N
I am running out of ideas please help me or recommend some stuff please.