Chapter 49

Photo: OTMA during house arrest at Alexander Palace 1917

August 1917

We were informed that we are going to move out Alexander Palace, we dont know where but Papa hoped we'll get to live normally in the Crimea.

We all started to pack our bags. Its sad that we have to leave our beloved home and our childhood things. Maria and Anastasia burned their diaries and letters i joined them too but i burned my 1913 journal instead of my diaries, they're very valuable to me.

We left behind our childhood things and packed more important items. Dr. Botkin, Pierre Gilliard and Anna Demidova are also coming with us.

I finished packing and took a little walk outside the gardens for the last time. "Sofia!" I heard Olga scream. I turned around and see her running to me with her book, "What?" I asked, "Nothing i just want to join you in walking" she chuckled.

"Where do you think we are going to move to?" Olga asks out of the blue. "I dont know but lets hope its a good place" I said fiddling with my bracelet. "I hope we get sent in Crimea so some ship can just come and easily rescue us" Olga said. My eyes widened its a great idea but its still Alexander's choice where. "Right?". I snapped out of my thoughts and awkwardly nodded my head.

We went back inside to our room, i wrote about what Olga said in my new journal. Crimea i can easily send George a letter to rescue us out of this country.

We also took some of the Romanov jewels and sewn it to our corsets, im wearing it now because Mama said we could buy our way out of Russia which is a very clever idea. I also took 3 full bags of jewels and hid it in my pocket.

"Sofia its time for us to leave" Olga said. I took my bags and went to the common and find Alyosha and Papa playing the piano.

"We will be back" I muttered as i rested my head to the armchair im sitting on. "Are you okay?" Tatiana asks. "Yeah im just sad we'll be leaving our beloved home" i muttered. "Well who knows maybe someday we'll be back" Tatiana tries to comfort as she rested her head on my shoulder.

"The ride is here" the officer stated. The officers took our bags and threw it in the back of the carriage. We 5 sat in the second carriage while Mama, Papa and Alyosha sat on the first. Papa was talking to Alexander so i took this opportunity to talk to Sergei for the last time.

I signaled him to come over but the officer stopped him, i shot him a glare. "Well i guess see you whenever" he chuckled, "Never ever forget me" i smiled. "I wont" He smiled back as he kissed my hand as the cossacks signaled that we are finally leaving.

I shedded a tear as Olga comforts me during the carriage ride to what seems like to the train station.

We arrived at the train station now we are currently going to Tobolsk outside Russia. We are currently viewing a part of the world we never knew existed. "Nastya please close the curtains" Mama orders. Anastasia shuts the curtains and leans back to her seat.

"This is far from what we expected" Olga sighed. "I know, i had a plan now it is wasted!"  I said as i stomped my foot loudly in annoyance, "Just relax Sofia" Olga tried to comfort. I sighed and slammed my own head in the train wall.

There was an inspection we were to hide ourselves because no one has to know where we are going. "They are Res Cross patients" I heard Alexander says. "Well where are any of them?" I heard a man ask. "Oh uh they're all sick" Alexander says.

The inspectors left thankfully they didn't recognize or noticed that it was us. "Close call!" Anastasia whispers.

——

There were no train routes to Tobolsk so we have to take a boat. Nothing compares to the Imperial Yacht Standart. "What on earth is this filthy boat" Anastasia says as she scrunches he face in disgust.

"Well atleast the view is wonderful" Maria smiles. We went out in the deck and enjoyed the view. I didn't notice that my hair was flying over Olga's face and she taps my shoulder and said to tie my hair but i don't even have a hair tie. "Told you, you should cut it shorter" Anastasia chuckles.

We have arrived in the 'Governor's house' as they call it. Mama and Alexei was on the carriage while we, girls walked. I was surprised many people was there and bowed to us. I gave them a little smile and a wave. They did it back too which made my heart melt. Tatiana was putting on her perfume because it is sunny here.

"Welcome" Alexander says as we stood in front of the house.

We stepped inside as a maid leads us to our room upstairs. We unpacked our things, i kept my jewels still in secret. We also brought many photo albums with us mostly our favourite patients when we were serving as nurses during the war period. We pinned them by our bedside wall.

"Well hello new life"...

A/N
Sorry if this chapter is quite boring im still having a bad headache but im getting better!!