Chapter 26

Photo: NAOTMA 1911

6 June 1911 Finnish Skerries

I woke up feeling dizzy and feeling the urge to throw up. I saw Charlotte sleeping in the sofa and Sony in the chair also sleeping.

I looked at the time it was 7 am and its Mama's birthday as well and i haven't got a gift for her! I have to get better to give Mama the best birthday as always.

I tried to stand up but Charlotte stopped me from doing so. "Your Highness you must stay in bed" Charlotte said putting me back down in bed "Well can i have my sewing stuff?" I asked she nodded her head and grabbed my sewing stuff. "Is breakfast ready soon?" I asked "No not yet but there's tea if you want" she answered "Yes please" i smiled. I decided to knit Mama a hat i hope she likes it. Charlotte handed me the tea and sat in the chair next to the window reading a book "Can you open the windows?" I looked at her, she smiled and opened the windows.

"How are you feeling?" Charlotte asked out of the blue "Im a little bit dizzy but im getting better" i smiled. Mama walked in with Dr. Botkin. Mama came up to me and kissed me in the forehead and asked, "How are you feeling? Are you feeling dizzy?" Mama said petting my hair "Im fine just a little bit dizzy" i answered as Dr. Botkin checked my temperature. "Your Majestie her fever wont go down it got higher, she needs more bed rest" Dr. Botkin stated "What? Im feeling fine!" I looked at Mama "Sofia you must follow what Dr. Botkin said you must get plenty of bed rest" Mama stated and left the room.

I layed in bed knitting Mama a hat. They said breakfast is ready soon but its already been an hour im starving all i had was a cup of tea. "Is breakfast ready?" I looked at Charlotte "Oh right! Im sorry i'll get your breakfast" she exclaimed and left the room. Alexei picked Sony up to play with Joy a while ago i can hear them barking and laughing outside.

Charlotte came in with my breakfast. I slowly sat up and started to eat my breakfast. Olga came in the room and sat next to me "How are you feeling? Mama told me your fever got high and im really worried" Olga putted her hand in mine "Im a little dizzy and my head hurts a lot" I said "Have you taken your medications?" She asked "I'll take them after i eat" i replied "So you wont be able to attend Mama's birthday celebration?" She said with a teary eye "I'll try but i want to get better fast" i said "I love you my dear Sonyechka i pray for your fast healing i'll see you later" she said hugging me and left the room.

After i took my medicine i began to feel sleepy so i closed my eyes to sleep.

I woke up in a white bright place and saw a familiar person standing. I ran up to the person and stood next to them. They turned to me, my eyes widened it was Andrei. I hugged him tightly he eventually hugged back. He pulled away and looked at me straight in the eyes and putted his hand on my face "My Love" he smiled "I love you so much Sofia i wish i had said this when i was still alive but i have feelings for you and i wanted to be together with you but thats all impossible because im gone" He said "I-i love you too Andrei" i smiled with a teary eye "Dont worry im always right by your side im your guardian angel from now on" he smiled as he slowly disappear in front of me.

I woke up and felt something beside me it was a rose probably sent by Andrei from the heavens. I felt a tear roll down from my face. His face looked awfully sad i felt bad he was only 16 he was still so young.

I was feeling a little better and Botkin said i can attend Mama's birthday. I changed to my white dress with Charlotte's help. I was putted in a wheelchair and Charlotte started fixing my hair similar to Anastasia's.

I wrapped my gift to a newspaper. Charlotte wheeled me to my sisters room. She opened the door revealing my sisters getting themselves fixed. Olga walked up to me and wheeled me to Tatiana "Sofia! Im glad your better! I was worried you wouldn't be able to attend Mama's birthday" Tatiana exclaimed, i smiled at her "What's your gift for Mama?" Olga asked "Oh i knitted her a hat and wrapped it to a newspaper" i replied "Well thats good at least you have a gift for her" Tatiana supported.

Dr. Botkin said i didn't need the wheelchair anymore so i carefully stood up amd stretched my legs and arms. Then we went out for Mama's party.

Cousin Irina ran up to me and gave me a hug "Cousin Sofia! Im glad your all fine!" She exclaimed "Yes no more tug of war in the waters" i laughed. "When are you returning to St. Petersburg?" Irina asked "Maybe tomorrow but of course we will head to Livadia first" i replied, she smiled and nodded her head. "Lets play tennis!", A
Tatiana walked up to us, we smiled.

They setted up the nets, i partnered with Tatiana while Olga partnered with Irina "Sofia! Dont work too much you might get sick again!" Mama yelled. I accidentally hit Tatiana with my tennis racket "Im sorry Tanushka are you okay?" I looked at the spot where i hitted her to see if it was bleeding thankfully it wasnt "Im fine" she smiled.

I went to the tent and chugged a glass of water. I gave Mama my gift and she looked at me confused on why it was wrapped on a newspaper. She opened the gift revealing a hat and a bracelet wich i never putted, she looked at me and smiled "Thank you Sofi i love it so much" she smiled pulling me over for a hug.

I sat next to Maria and Anastasia playing chess "Did Mama liked the bracelet you gave her?" Anastasia said out of the blue "Actually i never putted that in there" i stated Maria looked at me confused "I was the one" Anastasia laughed "Because the hat was not enough so i sneaked a bracelet in!" She exclaimed, me and Maria both laughed.