Chapter 17

Photo: Olga Nikolaevna Romanova 1910

(This Chapter is dedicated to my brother tsarevichofrussia. Happy Birthday Bro!)

I was crying endlessly into one of the tables of the library. Sony was sitting in my lap waiting did me to stop crying. Is it really my fault? If i didn't invited him to catch Sony and just letted him watch us then he wouldn't trip over a rock. Im such a bad sister! Im the Second Eldest i should be the one who acts mature and knows better! Just like what Mama said. I said out loudly that Olga heard it and bursted in the library.

"Oh my what happened? And whose Dog is this?" Olga said as she came up to me " His my dog" I said wiping my tears away "What happened? Tell me everything i'll listen" She smiled rubbing my back. "Me and Alexei was playing with Sony my dog and i started to chase him around. We were both chasing Sony until he tripped on a rock. I called out for help and he blamed me saying that it was my fault!" I cried out in her arms "My dear sister its not your fault it was just an accident. Accidents happen sometimes. Alyosha is resting a bit for now how about later you visit him." Olga advised "Anyways where did you get this dog he's really cute" Olga said patting Sony in the head. "A fellow officer named Sergei gifted it to me. He said he found it roaming around the streets all dirty since he couldn't take care of the dog he gave it to me as a gift" I answered while wiping my tears away.

"That's nice that he decided to rescue the poor dog" Olga smiled. I slightly nodded my head. "Excuse me your highnesses but the Tsarevich requests for the presence of Tsarevna Sofia Nikolaevna" Charlotte informed. I wiped away my tears and picked up Sony and said goodbye to Olga.

I headed to Alexei's sick room and knocked on the door. Alexei's sailor nanny opened the door for me. I sat next to Alexei who was moaning in pain. I patted his head to let him know im here. He carefully turned around held my hand "Sonyechka im sorry for what i said a while ago. I shouldn't have blamed you" he apologized " Its okay Alyosha i understand don't worry" I smiled "When i die it wont hurt anymore right? I wont suffer anymore?" He said looking up the ceiling "Don't say that your still young you still have a lot to explore in life!" I exclaimed "But many hemophiliacs like me die in a young age! What if im next?" He said in a sad tone "No your not, God will give you a long life he will not leave you suffering like that" I advised "Is father Grigori gonna come over?" He asked "I dont know but let's pray that your wound would heal soon" I smiled. "Can you pray with me?" He favoured. I nodded my head yes and we started praying.

"Amen!" He exclaimed. We finished praying "Lets play with my toy soldiers!" He exclaimed. I grabbed his toy soldiers and started playing. "What do you think Sofia will i be a great Czar in the future?" He asked as he restacked the blocks into buildings. "We'll see but im sure you'll be a great Czar" I smiled while putting the toy soldier into a helicopter. He smiled as we continued to play War. "You would've been a great Czarina if you were given a chance" He said "You think so?" I said in shock with the words he said "Yes! Its sad that only Males can inherit the throne. If Paul had never changed the rule then Mama wouldn't have much hassle about having a son" He said "But i think there's a thing called the Pauline Rule which can make the Eldest Daughter a Czarina" I said while picking up the toy soldiers that had fallen to the ground "Papa can change the rule i think. I mean he's the Czar" He said in a sassy voice "Yeah but i think he wouldn't change that right now. The people might get upset" I said "Catherine The Great was a very wonderful Czarina! I think the people wouldn't mind" He exclaimed. "Its time for your nap Alexei" Lili Dehn said. I kissed him goodbye and left the room with Sony in my arms.

A/N
I dont know if the Pauline Rule is real. I just heard it from somewhere.