Izou vs Riser phenex/Dark Intentions?

Izou after completing his mission in kuoh returns to the underworld but before he could do anything else he saw a bunch of people going into the main hall where usually all of the parties are held at.

Izou: (Are all of these people here for the wedding? there's like over a thousand people there)

Izou decided to go home to check in on Mittelt and see how she's doing and he was impressed she has been training her accuracy with her guns.

Izou: Mittelt, I see you haven't been neglecting your training.

Mittelt looks back and sees Izou watching her train and she responds

Mittelt: Well since I'm a fallen angel In devil territory I have to. You told me that you won't be able to protect me every single time and I took those words to heart.

Izou gives her a barely noticeable smile but she can tell he was happy with her progress.

Izou: Let's spar after this party, after all I did promise you that.

Mittelt smiles in excitement after hearing this.

Mittelt: Then let's get this party out of the way so we can spar!!

Izou changes out of his bloodied clothes and after a few moments he changed into a proper attire for this occasion.

Izou: Let's get this over with.

Mittelt changed into a black dress gets into the magic circle with Izou.

At the wedding

A bunch of high class devils would appear chatting with their friends and a lot of high class devils were celebrating the union between the phenex and Gremory clans, the Gremory clan and the Sitri and their close clan friends didn't like it.

This is not change.

Didn't they fight for freedom of choice and separate themselves from the past deeds the original satans had done.

But devils are greedy and prideful. they could easily just forget their goals(Izou could attest to that) as long as power is being talked about and a child with the power of destruction and the immortality from a Phenex fit that criteria of greed.