Part 39

"... so, I start in September. The first show is in Milwaukee. It's gonna take me a while to get back to LA. If I'm not mistaken, I'm playing LA in December. I'm not asking you to come, but maybe if you wanted, you could come see the show. You wouldn't have to be in the audience, I could make sure, you could stand in the wings and-" Lindsey had been talking to himself for some time now. He looked down and saw that Stevie's eyes were shut tight, her breathing even. He smiled to himself, pushing hair out of her face, which was enough to make her stir. "Sorry, I didn't mean to wake you."

"I've fallen asleep?" Slightly disoriented, Stevie opened her eyes and looked around the room, before she looked at him and cuddled up closer to his side. 

"Yeah, I've been telling you about my touring plans, I guess, it must have been pretty boring." He grinned, tapping her on the tip of her nose. 

"No, I'm sure it wasn't." She disagreed, planting a small kiss to his bare chest. "You just tired me out."

"Oh? How have I done that?" Lindsey teased, knowing she wasn't going to actually answer. "I can't remember you complaining."

"Trust me, I had no complaints." She spoke through a yawn. "I'm sorry, I'm not as sexually active as you obviously still are. I get exhausted quickly."

"Huh, well..." He trailed off, which made her look up at him again. "The truth is, I'm not. Well, not until you and I..." 

Stevie frowned slightly, propping herself up on her elbow. "Seriously?"

"Yeah. That part of my marriage has been nonexistent for a long time." He told her honestly. "Don't get me wrong, I'm still a man, but it's not the same. It's quick and not as satisfactory." He shrugged, feeling no shame in talking to her about it. "I feel alive again with you. I feel young."

"I wouldn't have guessed." She shook her head, resting her chin on his shoulder, she pressed a kiss to his cheek. "I sure hope that I'm a good substitute for your hand." She whispered into his ear and he laughed lightly, cupping her cheek.

"You're the best. You always have been." He gave her a kiss, no intention of taking it further in mind. "You should get some sleep."

"Aren't you tired?" Stevie lay down again, making herself comfortable against him.

"Not nearly enough to miss out on watching you fall asleep." He replied and pressed a kiss to her hair as he began playing with it. 

It didn't take long for Stevie to drift off again. She started softly snoring a few short minutes later, but Lindsey had too much on his mind to close his eyes. He was in love. He loved his wife, but he hadn't been in love with her for a long time. The feeling was almost foreign to him. He had no idea that he would feel this way again. He hadn't imagined in his wildest dreams that he was going to fall in love with Stevie again. He knew that she was likely struggling with her feelings more than he was and she had every right to. He had let her down too many times to count. However, he allowed himself to feel it and he wasn't going to take a step back or restrict himself from experiencing love, not again, not with her.

He didn't know, how long he'd been lying in the dark, still awake, when the screen of his phone lit up. There weren't too many people, who would contact him at this time of night. He swallowed uneasily, having a pretty good guess.

"I know, it's late. I've been thinking about you. Can I come over tomorrow?"