Part 44

"What if I dropped the hits from the setlist?" Lindsey wondered aloud as he and his touring group of musicians sat down for lunch. "How many more times can I do Go Your Own Way?"

Brett laughed, shaking his head. "If you did that, then we - the band would be the only ones in the theater, coming to see you."

"I wish, I could just play a set of songs I've never played live, ever." Lindsey added, downing half a bottle of water.

"You can do that at home." Jimmy said, fixing his main of curls, so they wouldn't get into his meal. "We need this gig, man. Not all of us are millionaires." He teased, then smiled, looking past Lindsey's shoulder. "Someone's here to see you."

"Who?" Lindsey turned around in his seat and grinned. Dropping everything, he rose to his feet, nearly knocking the chair over on his way. "Hey! I didn't know you were coming. What are you doing here?" He asked, pleasantly surprised. Before he received an answer, he drew Stevie in for a kiss.

She pulled back, wiping lip gloss off his lips, looking somewhat shy as she glanced at everyone else, pretending that they weren't looking. "What's with a hundred questions? Don't you want me here?" 

"Of course, I do." Lindsey nodded, restraining himself from kissing her again. His band knew, but she was still not completely comfortable with showing off their newly rekindled romance. "Did you come to see your man play?"

"You love calling yourself my man, don't you?" Stevie laughed lightly, her hands resting on his chest. "To answer your question, not exactly. We were on our way for some shopping. I asked Karen to make a stop, thought, I'd pop in and say, hello. She wasn't particularly happy, when I asked her to bring me here."

"Is she ever happy?" 

Fair question, which she wasn't about to answer. "Am I keeping you?"

"I sure hope, you are." Lindsey shrugged, running his hand up and down her back.

"You think, you're so funny." She rolled her eyes and he sneaked in another kiss. 

"You're not. We just sat down for lunch." He replied, reaching for her hand, he laced his fingers through hers. It felt nice, when one of her many rings didn't collide with his wedding one anymore. "Care to join?"

"No, I wouldn't want to interrupt guys' time." Stevie smiled, shaking her head. She lowered her eyes, then took a step back, holding him at arm's length. "Christ, Lindsey. I'm gonna buy you some new clothes. Just look at this shirt!"

"What's wrong with it?" He asked, creasing his eyebrows. 

"There are fifty holes in it, that's what's wrong." She gave him a look and heard an imitation of a whipping sound from the background. "You lot don't look much better!" 

"My shirt's fine." Lindsey insisted, wrapping his arms around her, he pressed a kiss to her forehead. 

"I intend to take care of my man, okay?" She emphasized and a loving smile crossed his face.

"You already do." He said, cradling her face in the palms of his hands. "I love you."

"I love you, too." She closed her eyes, when his lips pressed to hers once more. "Karen's going to be mad at me, I better go."

"Mm... or you could stay?" Lindsey argued weakly, knowing she was leaving anyway, holding her in his embrace. 

"I'll see you at home." Stevie said, pecking him one last time before she turned around and walked away, after saying a quick, goodbye, to everyone else.

~

A couple more cute little moments and we're going to reach the end. Thank you all so much for your kind words ♥