7 YEARS LATER

7 YEARS AFTER THE PREVIOUS CHAPTER 

THE SALVATORE BOARDING SCHOOL

A 15 year old  girl with dirty blonde hair can we been walking through the  empty hallways of The Salvatore Boarding school. 

Her walk had a mysterious and secret stride to it. She goes to sit down on the empty bench near one of the classes and another boy of the same age with brown hair comes to sit next to her. 

Hope looks left to right, making sure that no one is there and says, "Did you bring the money?"

 Henry nods and passes her the bundle to money. Hope takes it quickly and hides it.

 She says, "Okay, I am not going to ask how you got this but are you sure about this Henry?"

 Henry nods and says, "I am tired of being bullied. No one will pick on me when I am strong." 

Hope nods, understanding and says, "Alright. Here one before and one after." passing him the 2 small bottles of her blood. 

She stops him and says, "Be discrete Henry." and walks away. 

She was just walking to her class when she was stopped by the Saltzman twins. Hope smiles at them as Josie and Lizzie talk about the new student recruits and the upcoming matches. Hope is lost in her own world, only mumbling and agreeing with the twins without paying attention.

 She had been good at pretending by now. She loved lizzie and Josie like her own sisters but things had not been fine from the last 5 years. She would be happy only when her family was back together. 

Hope was lost in these thoughts when the trio where stopped by her mother.

 Lizzie and Josie gave Caroline a combine hug and Lizzie says, "Hey Care! What's up? How was the trip."

 Caroline smiles at Lizzie and Josie, taking note of her daughter's lost nature. She has been observing Hope's behavior from the last 2 months. At first she thought of it as teenage mood swings but now she had been getting suspicious. 

Caroline looks back at Lizzie and Josie and says, "It was good girls. I would love to chat with you but don't you have to get to class?" in her 'mom' voice. Even though Caroline had not given them birth, but they were like her children and the twins too considered Caroline like their bestfriend and mother. 

The twins nod and Hope follows them, wanting to avoid her mom. 

Caroline stops her and says, "Hope stay back." Hope sighs and stops in front of her mother while the twins walk to their class. Caroline smiles at Hope and says, "I missed you sweetheart." Hope mumbles I missed you too back in a low voice.

 Caroline sighs and says, "I can see that you have no interest in talking to me now, so you can go to class but we will talk later about this behavior." Hope nods and walks away. Caroline, sighs as she rubs her temple and starts walking back to her office, greeting students and teachers on the way.

 She enters the office, blows a little air over her head mistress name plate, which had caught some dust and sits down on her desk. Caroline looks at the pictures kept on the desk. One of her and Hope, The whole Mikaelson family, her mom, her friends from mystic falls and a picture of her and Klaus from their wedding.

 Caroline sighs, almost on the verge of tears when her phone rings, throwing her out of her trance. She picks up the phone and Katherine on the other side says, "Caroline! Hey how are you? How's Hope?" 

Caroline smiles slightly and says, "I'm good Kat. Hope is a little moody but okay. What's up?" Katherine sighs and says, "I don't know why I let you convince me to join your school. This is so hard to keep track of all new coming supernatural creatures of the world!" Caroline laughs and says, "At least you don't get bored."

 Katherine then says, "Caroline, talking about supernatural creatures, there is one, very old one, causing a massacre in Paris."

 Caroline sighs, exhausted and says, "What do I do Kat? He has not picked up my call or replied to my messages from the last 5 years."

 Katherine says, "You need to go to him Care. He is staying close to Elijah. I didn't tell you because you'd freak out but last weak when you were not there, I saw snakes coming out of the flowers in Hope's room." 

Caroline is in shock and she nearly shouts, "What the heck! Why did you not tell me Katherine. What if Hope had gotten hurt and what it-?" when Katherine interrupts her  freak out and says, "This is exactly why I didn't tell you Care. It's okay. Nothing happened to Hope." 

Caroline still doesn't calm down and says, "I don't care Kat. Klaus should have never been near Elijah. I know Elijah doesn't remember anything but"

 when she suddenly stops in-between sentence and says softly, "Sorry Kat, I know this is a sensitive subject and it is wrong of me to bring it up." 

Katherine sighs and says, "It's okay Care. It was Elijah's choice to compel his memories away. He asked Marcel to do it. I don't care honestly." when there is a knock on Caroline's door and Alaric enters in angry and says, "Hope made a hybrid Caroline. Henry turned." 

Caroline still on the phone, curses loudly, "F**K! Katherine, screw the recruitment and come back here. I will deal with this and then go find my idiot of a  husband." and cuts the call. Caroline gets up angrily and starts walking to Alaric's room. 

She reaches infront of Alaric's room, seeing Hope and Henry, sitting and muttering something to each other. Hope immediately stops talking once she sees her mom fuming with anger.

 Caroline's eyes remain on Hope as she says to Henry, "Henry, pack your bags.  You are suspended, and you are going back to New Orleans." and Henry scrambles from the chair, running towards his dorm.

 Caroline get's up and asks Hope to follow her to her office. As soon as Caroline's office door closes, Caroline says in a loud voice, "What the heck where you thinking Hope!?" Hope sighs and says, "Your the one who told me, my body my choice, well then my blood my choice!"

 Caroline says, "You made a hybrid Hope! There is no choice in that. Hybrids are not accepted. Henry will face even more bullying now!"

 Hope shouts, "Well he wanted this!" 

Caroline says in a frustrated voice, "Yeah, and what will you say when someone will ask how he turned into a hybrid?! There are only 2 hybrids in the whole world and they both will sure as hell not turn a teenage wolf. People can't  know that your a Mikaelson Hope! "

 when Hope shouts out angrily, "That's it isn't it? I don't want to hide my identity. I want to show that I am a Mikaelson. Why are you so as ashamed to accept this." 

Caroline now has tears in her eyes and she says, "I am not ashamed Hope. I just don't you to keep false expectations. Your father is trying hard to-"

  And Hope shouts, at the mention of her father, "No! Don't bring Dad into this. He left me, he left us."

 Caroline closes her eyes, trying to calm down and says, "Hope your dad didn't have a choice. He did not leave us, he-" 

Hope says, "He left us Mom. Move on! Why are you finding that so hard to accept. Don't pretend that you understand why he stopped calling us 5 years ago. I have heard you cry yourself to sleep for him! I have seen you reject dates with Declan for him! How do you know that he has not found someone new?!" 

Caroline now had tears in her eyes as she is looking at Hope angrily. She says, "That's it. You're grounded and suspended. Katherine is taking you to New Orleans and you will stay with Freya and Keelan. I have some work to do in Paris." and she walks out of the study to pack for her journey.