THIS IS THE WORLD WE MADE

NO ONE POV—

Caroline wakes up with someone's arms around her waist and she is immediately alarmed. She turns around and sees Klaus sleeping peacefully with his head on her shoulder. She remembers yesterday's events and Tyler's accusations towards Klaus's intentions. She remembers how Klaus went to find Tyler and she wished he had not killed him. While she was engrossed in her thoughts Klaus wakes up and sees her nervous and thoughtful expression. Klaus immediately takes hold of her and says," How are you sweetheart, are you hurt? Do you need blood? I can get it in a heartbeat for you." Caroline looks at him, chuckles and cups his cheek with her hand," I'm fine Klaus. You don't need to worry though we have to talk." Klaus looks at Caroline with a worried face and she begins talking, "I leaned some new facts about the baby yesterday." He looks at her with a curious look and she keeps going," While Tyler was talking, he told me that the baby's blood can be used for making hybrids without doppelganger blood. Please Klaus don't be angry but I do not believe him because I have seen how much you care for the child and me. I trust that you will never use your own child's blood for your greed. You may have done some horrible things but you are not a monster." He starts to look away but she takes his cheek in her hands and for the first time sees Klaus Mikealson crying." No Nik, look here. Please just believe me, I never agreed to a word that Tyler said. Please Nik, please."

 He freezes at her calling him Nik. She soon realizes what she said and immediately apologizes," I'm sorry Klaus, I don't know why I called you that. Maybe I heard your siblings call you that so it got stuck in my head. It's okay if you don't want to talk to me ever again." She starts rambling and Klaus looks at her, still processing the fact that she called him Nik. 

It was the sweetest sound ever. He chuckles and says," Oh Caroline, please calm down. It's okay, in fact please just call me Nik from now on. Klaus is for people to fear me, I don't want you to fear me. And love I believe you that you didn't believe Tyler but you should know Caroline that I never want to hurt you or the child. I was scared earlier because I did not have the best father figure and I am afraid of not being a good father." He confessed. Caroline was shocked, she had never seen him so vulnerable. "Nik, you will be the best father ever. I know it." She says and he immediately hugs her.

CAROLINE POV—

We hug for a while and then I go for a shower. I was all bloodied from last night. Nik went downstairs to talk to his family; it feels so weird calling him Nik but it also feels right. No Caroline, get a grip, you do not have feelings for him. I clear my thoughts and get out in a towel. I was standing in front of the mirror and I see Klaus standing there, I shout," Klaus! Towel! Knock." Klaus chuckles," Don't be angry love, I just came to check up on you." I turn behind and go into the closet to change. I decide to wear a white and black crop top with a leather jacket and jeans. I was not quite showing yet so I thought it would be safe.

I go down and see Klaus and Elijah reading books with Katherine on his lap skimming through a magazine

I go down and see Klaus and Elijah reading books with Katherine on his lap skimming through a magazine. I reach the mini fridge and take a blood bag and sit next to Klaus. 

He puts a hand around my shoulder and I lean into his chest closing my eyes. Rebekah enters the room and says," So this is what we do after a long time we are back together, Vampire book club?" Klaus chuckles and says," Reading is good for the brain, isn't that right Elijah?" Elijah smiles towards Klaus and controls his urge to comment back.

 Rebekah enters the room and says," So this is what we do after a long time we are back together, Vampire book club?" Klaus chuckles and says," Reading is good for the brain, isn't that right Elijah?" Elijah smiles towards Klaus and controls his u...

I start laughing at the daily Mikealson family drama and everyone soon joins me. We talk about normal supernatural stuff and I see from the corner of my eyes Katherine and Elijah secretly glancing looks and kissing, I was so happy for them. I look at Rebekah and I am reminded of Stefan, how heartbroken he was after Elena dumped him. I make a mental note of calling Stefan later and get the Stebekah ship flowing a bit. We spent the rest of the day bonding and having fun.