TIMES LIKE THESE

A.N. CONTINUED DIRECTLY AFTER LAST CHAPTER.

Klaus had just put Hope on his and Caroline's bed, tucking her in when he heard his name call out from Hope's room. 

He runs out to see Caroline awake, sitting up on Hope's bed, confused and gasping. Klaus runs to her and tries to calm her down. After a while Caroline looks up at Klaus and says, "What Happened Nik? Last I remember was almost being beaten to death by that Hollow bitch." 

Klaus doesn't say anything but pulls Caroline in a bone crushing hug. He pulls back after a few seconds and with a heavy hearts tell Caroline the whole story. 

The minute he mentions that Hope took on the magic herself, Caroline gets up from the bed in a hurry and runs to their bedroom to look after her daughter. 

Caroline climbs the bed and pulls Hope's head in her head, running her hands through her daughter's hair, somehow trying to provide her some comfort. 

Klaus comes in the room and Caroline looks up with tears in her eyes and Klaus says, "Vincent has a plan. We will save out daughter Caroline, I promise you." Caroline nods and she wipes her tears, knowing that she has to remain strong for Hope.

THAT NIGHT

Klaus and Caroline were in their room taking care of Hope while everyone else were sitting in the study, silently just drinking. No one had anything to say till the time they knew that Hope was alright. 

Elijah was just about to say something when Katherine entered the room and he lost his words. Katherine looks at him with a painful look and says in a low voice, "Elijah can we talk? Alone?"

 Elijah nods and gulps down the rest of the whiskey in his glass and follows Katherine. Katherine and Elijah walk to their old room silently. They enter, and Katherine closes the door. 

Katherine looks at Elijah and says nervously, "I'm sorry Elijah. For reacting so badly. I was just very overwhelmed with Andrei's death." 

Elijah nods and says, "You shouldn't apologize Katerina. It was my mistake. I overreacted. He was just making me so angry and my jealousy took over." 

Katherine nods and says, interrupting him," I know Elijah, I know." she comes closer to him and cups his cheek and says, "Elijah, everything is falling apart. You guys are gonna do that spell and Hope is in danger. I don't think we can get back together in times like these." and Elijah sucks in a sharp breathe.

He understands what Katherine means but honestly he doesn't wanna let go of her right now. His arms sneak around her waist and he tightens his hold on her. 

Katherine continues with her voice breaking and tears filling up her eyes, "I love you Elijah, I really do. But right now, the way ahead looks blurry. I don't see a future where we are together right now." 

Elijah literally pulls Katherine into him, not wanting to let go. Katherine looks up and meets their lips in a passionate but a goodbye kiss. She breaks the kiss after a while, despite the fact that it broke her heart to leave him but then without turning back, she leaves the room. Elijah is standing there alone, his heart broken and his humanity dangling at the edge of a sword. 

THE NEXT MORNING 

"We will have to divide the hollow between the 4 of you and then you need to get away from each other and Hope. You can't be in proximity with each other otherwise the hollow will reunite." Vincent explained his plan. 

Klaus considers it, looks at Hope who is lying in Caroline's arms and says, "Do it." Caroline's head snaps up and she starts shaking her head, "Nik, no. We will find another way. Hope needs you here. She just got her family back. "she says with tears in her eyes.

 Klaus is heartbroken seeing Caroline cry but then says, "Listen to me Caroline. There is no other way. I have to save Hope. I can't let her die. As for family, she has you and that is all she needs. " 

Caroline lets go of Hope, Klaus nods at Freya to take care of his daughter while he talks to his wife. He takes Caroline's hand and leads her to the studio. Klaus closes the door and turns to her, his heart broken in a million pieces seeing the love of his lives' eyes in tears. He hugs her immediately. "Caroline , please love. Let me do this. I have to do something right in my existence."

 Caroline continues crying, "I know, but I love you, I just got you back. How can I let you go? Hope loves you so much. I just can't."

 Klaus consoles Caroline while Vincent prepares for the spell outside.

A few minutes later they come out of the studio, Caroline red from all the crying and Klaus almost  on the verge of tears. 

They go into the compound where the rest of them were waiting for them. Caroline hugs Rebekah, Kol and Elijah, bidding them goodbye while Elijah and Katherine are talking, "Elijah, please, you have to know. I will always love you, just right now" Elijah interrupts Katherine and says, "I know Katerina. I know. Everything we do now is for Hope." 

He says while looking at his niece who was unconscious in Caroline's arms. Vincent gives Caroline a pair of iron handcuffs and says, "Put them on her Caroline. Only take them out when I say so. They should keep the magic under control." 

Caroline nods and puts the handcuffs on.

 He leads her to the middle of the circle and shows everyone their positions. 

" I just want to say that what you guys are doing here today is gonna go a long way towards setting things right in this city. The Hollow took everything away from me. It inspired nothing but suffering and torment. It's ruined families, it's gone after little kids. And yet, here and now, despite all of our differences, and there are many... thank you."

 Rebekah smiles at all of them and says, "A bit ironic isn't it. Us Mikaelsons defeating the evil."

 Everyone chuckles and Kol says, "Its a good sentiment."

 Vincent says, "Caroline when I say you will remove the handcuffs and don't let go of Hope. Everyone the minute the spell is over you need to get away from each other and Hope."

Vincent starts chanting, "Diviser... Diviser ak konkeri. Diviser... ak konkeri. Diviser ak konkeri. Diviser ak konkeri. Chire apa ak pó. Ak konkeri. Ak pó. Caroline, do it now. Do it now, Caroline."

 A blue light is transferred from Hope to the rest of them and Vincent says, "Leave now all of you." 

Kol and Rebekah leave, Elijah leaves after a second glance but Klaus keeps standing there looking at Hope who is unconscious. 

Vincent says, "Klaus leave." 

Klaus says, "I need to know that she will be okay." 

Vincent looks back and says, "She will be fine Klaus, leave." 

Klaus looks up, his body tremors and then suddenly he sees Hope walking up and hears Caroline's voice, "Hope baby are you okay?" Hope nods at her mom and looks at her dad, "Daddy?"

 Klaus looks at his daughter, smiles a little and says, "Everything is okay Hope. Remember, I love you." 

Klaus looks at Caroline mutters a I love you and runs away. Caroline takes Hope into her arms who is still in shock by the sudden events. 

Caroline lets the tears fall down and Katherine comes and hugs Caroline and Hope in order to calm her down.

A.N. SEASON 4 IS OVER. NEXT CHAPTER WILL BE THE DESIGNATED TIME BREAK ACCORING TO THE SHOW. HOPE YOU ALL LIKED IT. PLEASE COMMENT, VOTE AND SHARE.