I-I KILLED HER.

A.N. CONTINUES RIGHT AFTER THE LAST CHAPTER 

It was an hour later and everyone  except Elijah had found their keys. Kol found it in his old grimoire, Rebekah in her and Stefan's room and Freya in the attic where her coffin from her sleep coma with Dahlia was kept.

 Klaus says, "This is just awesome! He doesn't remember his last life! How do we find out something of importance to him?" 

Freya says, "Look for anything that has a connection to both Katherine and Elijah, it must be connected to that!" 

Elijah sighs and they all go to his old room. Elijah was scrambling through the drawers when he say a small box tucked away on the bottom. He picked up the box and saw a note tapped to it. 

He took the note and said, "Umm, maybe this is it." Rebekah walks to Elijah, takes the card and starts reading, 

" You should never hesitate Elijah. I took the liberty of buying it for you. I saw the look on your face when you first saw it. And you know I will do anything to see my 2 bestfriends get married. Go get the girl Elijah. - Caroline."

 and as soon as Rebekah stops talking all eyes snap towards Klaus. The tears are just on the edge and it was about to come out but then Klaus gets himself together and says, "What is in the box?" 

Rebekah opens the box and sees a beautiful diamond ring along with a small key. Rebekah gasps and says, "You were going to propose!" 

Klaus goes to the drawer, takes the key from the box and forcefully puts it on Elijah's hands. He then says, "We got everything, let's go now." 

And walks out of the room followed by the rest of the siblings. Klaus was just about to say something when suddenly Vincent appears.

Klaus growls and says, "You! Get us out of here Vincent!" 

Vincent says, "It's not me. It's Hope. She did this! To get Elijah's memories back, I don't have a lot of time! She is going to trap you in Elijah's subconsi-" and he disappears again. 

Freya sighs and says, "Of course, I shouldn't have expected anything else. This has Hope's name written all over it. The memories, the rings, the coffin. All this couldn't have been known by Vincent."

 Klaus sighs and says, "Well. I guess we have to play by her rules if we have to get out of here."  and abruptly all of them are now standing in a white corridor.

 Kol says, "Oh, bloody hell. Now we're in Elijah's mental maze. Of all the hells I've had to endure..." 

Elijah notices the door with an E written on it and says, "The door. What is this, Hope's revenge? Imprison me till I reclaim all of my memories, forcing me to accept accountability for all of this?"

 Kol and Marcel look at their own doors and open their doors and Kol says, "Well, as much as I love a cherry on top of a scheme... I have somewhere else to be." and both Kol and Marcel disappear. They wake up from the Chambre De Chasse. 

Klaus was about to open his door when Rebekah says, "Nik, we can't leave him here."

 Klaus stops, turns around and says, "He can find his way out of here. "

  Rebekah says, "We made a vow." 

Klaus says angrily, "I made a vow to my brother. That's just the man who got my wife  killed." 

Rebekah says, "I thought the same thing about you once. Do you remember our mother? Before all of the turmoil? Because I do. I remember when she would put flowers in my braid, and I remember when she would sing to us in the morning. And then you killed her." 

Klaus questions, " Why are you bringing this up now?" 

Rebekah answers, "Because we are capable of doing terrible things, but we are also capable of forgiveness."

Elijah is just looking at the door, not saying anything. Klaus is now exhausted and he says, " It's just a door, Elijah! Open it! Go on, Rebekah. We'll be right behind you, both of us." 

And Rebekah opens the door and wakes up.

 Klaus looks at Elijah and says, " You killed my brother when you let Caroline  die. Because despite what you might think, you did love her. She was your best friend.  Because she believed in something better for all of us. And because she fought for it when we couldn't. Come on. I don't know who you'll be on the other side of that door, but I know that you can't open it alone. You need me. Elijah." and they both open their doors together and go through Elijah's Memories. 

FLASHBACKS 

Klaus and Elijah go through his memories, Elijah is looking at the first time he met Caroline, when he saw hope and love in his brother's eyes for the first time. Caroline was vervained and lying on the ground. 

Soon the picture morphs into the first time Elijah and Caroline talked, they debated about Julius Caesar, Caroline laughing. Her making him talk to Katherine. Katherine coming to New Orleans and their kiss. All the good and bad times with his best friend and the love of his life. 

Soon the picture morphs into a last scene, Caroline is pinned to the wall by Greta and she is shouting at him to leave Klaus but he doesn't and that is why she dies. 

The flashbacks end and Elijah and Klaus come back to reality. 

Klaus is standing next to his siblings while Elijah falls down on the floor, guilty and crying for his best friend, he was the reason she was dead. 

Elijah clutches his heart and cries while Rebekah has covered her mouth to stop her whimpers.

 Just then the front door opens and Katherine walks in with Vincent, Katherine sees Elijah crying and immediately runs to him, forgetting if he remembers her or not. 

She bends down on her knees and Elijah looks up and says, "I-I killed her. I killed her." and falls into her arms and continues crying. Everyone else is quite, not sure what to say. 

And Klaus, he is devastated. Seeing his brother like this, now it has really hit him the presence and love Caroline put in their lives. The love she had for them, the joy she gave them. It was all gone now. And he could do nothing to bring her back.

A.N WE ARE COMING CLOSER TO THE END.