A WIFE, MOTHER AND FRIEND.

While Roman was safely in the dungeons, continuously vervained to keep him weak, It was time for Caroline's funeral. 

Klaus did not want to burn her through the crescent way because of 2 reasons, 1. He wanted to have a chance to bring her back, if her Body is burned there will be no chance and 2. He knew she wanted to be  near her mother. 

Because The Crescent wolf had to give homage to their alpha they decieded to do the ritual just without the body. 

Klaus had now gone to Mystic falls to burry her where he would meet Hope. He reached the gates of Salvatore Boarding school where he sees Alaric standing outside. Klaus nods his head at him in greeting and Alaric does the same. 

Alaric says, "I am sorry Klaus, I know we have never seen eye to eye but Caroline didn't deserve it. And I know how much you loved her." 

Klaus nods his head, but doesn't say anything back. Klaus doesn't  even enter  the school because he knows what a distaste Alaric has for him.

 Alaric notices that and says, "Come in. You have gotta see something." and starts walking inside with Klaus behind him.

 Klaus and Alaric both enter the main hall of the Salvatore Boarding school and Klaus sees Caroline photo in the middle of the room and candles spread all around, there were various students paying their respects and some were going to class. He keeps in a sob as he sees the beautiful school his wife had made.

 Him and Alaric now start moving to dorm but Klaus stope infront of a particular door. It read, 

                                                                          CAROLINE FORBES.M

                                                                                  HEADMISTRESS 

He stops at the door and looks at Alaric, asking a silent permission. Alaric nods and Klaus slowly opens the door. Klaus enters the room and smiles, seeing the room in prim and perfect condition and fully organized.

He goes over to the desk and sees pictures of Caroline and Hope, Caroline and the twins, Caroline and her mystic falls friends, with her mom and on of their wedding day. She looks absolutely perfect, and he has never looked happier in  his life. 

Klaus looks up and says, " Where is Hope?" Alaric says, "She is in her room, hasn't left it since-" and he pauses, knowing it is still a sensitive subject. Klaus moves past Alaric and starts searching for Hope's room. 

He reaches a room where it wrote, Hope Forbes.M and he pulls open the knob to see Hope hugging Josie and Lizzie and crying. Klaus's heart breaks seeing his daughter cry.

 Josie and Lizzie look up to see Klaus and they are nothing but shocked. Josie rubs Hope's back and says, "Hope." Hope turns around and sees her father standing there.

 Josie and Lizzie stand up, give Hope a hug and start to leave behind their father. Klaus is still standing there, not moving at all.

 Hope pats the bed, straightening the comforter and motioning her father to sit down. Klaus looks around the room, seeing painting, books and a lot of photos.

 He says, "Ummm, I came to get you to the cemetery." 

Hope nods and says, "Okay, just give me a few minutes to change." 

She opens her drawer, picks out a few clothes and starts walking towards the bathrooms. Meanwhile Klaus gets up and takes a look at the paintings and feels proud, seeing a painting of Caroline, some landscapes.

 After a few minutes Hope comes back in wearing a Black t-shirt and jeans and jacket. She sighs to show her presence and Klaus takes it that she is not in the mood to small talk and they both walk out immediately.

 They both reach the mystic falls cemetery where a part of their family is present. Katherine, Marcel, Damon, Bonnie, Enzo,  Freya, Keelan, Stefan and Rebekah are also present. 

Kol and Davina could unfortunately not be there because it was already very dangerous because of Rebekah and Klaus being together.

 A few minutes later, Alaric and the twins too join them. Hope greets everyone and all of them greet her back. There is an open coffin on the side and clearly they are not following the typical Christian funeral rituals. 

Klaus nods at everyone, motioning that he is going to bring her body in. He turns around and walks over to the car, opens the car trunk and picks up the body bridal style. 

The body is covered in a white sheet so no one can see it. Klaus brings her body to the coffin and carefully lays her down. 

Not being able to look at her body any more, he closes the coffin. He keeps and hand on the closed coffin and says, "I- I umm, I know I have a habit of  throwing my sibling in coffins but, I never thought that there would come one day when I would see my wife, the love of my life in a coffin." He looks at Hope and who's tears are slowing building up.

 He continues, "She was beautiful, she was fearless, she was passionate and she loved everyone full heartedly. Her love was never impure, never fake. She was the only woman who could show me my place, the one woman who brought me on my knees and I wish-" he inhales suddenly, feeling his voice crack up and continues, "I wish that she could be here today. That I would never have to say all this. I can't change the past. But, I sure as hell can change the future. And she will be avenged. She will be given the justice she deserved and now nothing and nobody can stop me."

 There is a dangerous silence, seeing how things took such a dark turn and Klaus says his last line, "I love you sweetheart. You will forever remain in my heart, and you will forever remain my love." in a low whisper to the coffin.

 He pulls out a lily out of his jacket and puts it on the coffin, everyone else does the same and at the last to do so was Hope.

 Hope took a few seconds, as she is trying to hold herself together. She puts the flower on the coffin and goes back to her place, tears falling down her face. 

Lizzie and Josie are hugging Hope to try and provide her sister some comfort. Soon the coffin is put in the ground and the coffin is secured below the grave. On the grave it wrote,                     

                                                       "CAROLINE FORBES MIKAELSON 

                                                           A WIFE, MOTHER AND FRIEND

                                                         ALWAYS AND FOREVER, INDEED."

A.N I KNOW I BENDED THE REAL STORYLINE A LITTLE BIT SO I HOPE YOU DON'T MIND, JUST WANTED TO SHOW KLAUS'S STRUGGLE BEFORE WE MOVE ON TO THE REAL DRAMA. HOPE YOU ALL LIKED IT.