Chapter 1: Skycrest

Hi! I'm the author Abraxos, you can call me Brax. Lately I've been reading a bunch of Dragon books and found inspiration to write. With my little dragons by my side I've decided to craft up another book. At the point of starting this I don't know if there will be a sequel or prequel, maybe later if this becomes popular I might write one. Who knows 😏👀...
I hope you enjoy the story, I'd love feedback... my little lizard is curled up beside me so pull up a seat and grab your little lizard get ready to explore a whole new world. 🤔🤭🤫
P.S: IF ANY OF THE IMAGES ARE YOURS PLEASE MESSAGE ME AND I'LL TAKE THEM DOWN OR IF YOU'D LIKE CREDIT I CAN DO THAT TOO. SORRY. ALSO THIS STORY IS COPYRIGHTED :D

- Brax Xx

o-o

Skycrest:

One late frigid morning in the small quaint town of Skycrest icy snow began to float down from the grey cloud-filled skies above. The small country town is known as Skycrest due to the large open skies and clear view of the snowy Alps. The town is full of families and travellers, although small, the townhouses a few thousand residents and is located a few weeks journey on foot from the capital.

Today, despite the weather, people mill about doing their own things in the chilly morning air, the first snow is always somewhat of a big deal in the small town. It's a day for pranks and sharing stories, for sitting in front of a warm fire and drinking mugs of steaming hot cocoa with little marshmallows and whipped cream. The discrete village isn't much but it's peaceful and is naturally integrated into the lush greenery surrounding it. A sparkling clear blue lake lay to the east of the village, where the children went swimming in the warmer months and played and skated joyfully on the frozen surface in the winter months. Great willow trees sweep down towards the packed and well worn grass-covered earth and provide a shaded area for families to sit and small creatures to take refuge from the vicious weather. Colourful plants with bright flowers and unique leaves are scattered around the small town while in the centre of the big turquoise lake is a small rocky island fitted with a tall stone watchtower standing guard, and harpoons and bows at the ready to fire on unsuspecting trespassers.

"RIA!" A deep growl of outrage echoes through the bustling streets of Skycrest from beside an old pie stand in the middle of town. Alaria, a girl of 16 with shoulder-length snow-white hair, piercing maroon eyes, and a short stature, had just pied her best friend, Blaze, with a lemon cream pie. The old shopkeeper chuckled at Ria as she was always getting into trouble during the first snow. She was known around town as the Snow-bandit during this particular time, the first snow was when she didn't stand out... it was when her hair blended perfectly with the pristine snow. She wasn't mocked or teased for her hair colour and bright eyes during this time unlike during other months when she was taunted by the other teens. She was different from everyone else, never majorly cared what people thought of her and she lived life how she wanted, not what everyone else deemed appropriate. This angered many townsmen but she also had gained respect from other citizens, never the ones her age, however, showed any respect for her.

Ria's best friend Blaze is that one guy who everyone either wants to date or wishes to be, he leads a seemingly perfect life. His family is wealthy, his parents are married and he is always smiling and joking around. Blaze is well known for his sporting and fighting skills, he has a strong jawline, tousled auburn hair, and golden lions eyes, he's fit from fighting and competing in sports tournaments over the years too. At only 16 years of age Blaze is already fairly tall, towering over most people in the community especially Ria's small build.

Ria out of most of the young girls in town never viewed him as more than a friend, she loved him but only to the extent of a brother or best friend. Their close friendship has made it harder for Ria to make female friends as each of them over a short amount of time becomes jealous over her friendship with Blaze and ends up pulling away and sacrificing their whole friendship over the simple human emotion of jealousy.