Chapter 32: Prophecies, bows and gifts

Ria pov:
When King Alexander called out to see if anyone knew about the second prophecy I tensed, I knew, I found the prophecy book the other day and read through a few. The main prophecy otherwise known as the 'Prophecy of Three' was largely the main one in the book.

"No one knows? Okay well it was foretold by the oracle when King Shaun Shafrone was born, it was news that spread far and wide. At the time no prophecies had been given for a long time before hand. This prophecy was known as the 'Prophecy of Three'. It reads:
Twins to never know
Born from royalty and below
True mates they're bestowed.
A sibling to discover
When they meet one another.
Three for three
Wolf, Vampire, Human;
Moon, sun, star.
Pendants unite
Forge in the light.
A war to be cursed,
It all comes back to the bloodline of the first.
That is the first verse there seems to be another once the first is completed, however it is unknown when it will begin. So I need to teach the next set of rulers so when it comes they understand the weight this prophecy carries." King Alexander grimaces as he relays the prophecy and gives a brief explanation. "In the next lesson we will talk about what each line means. For homework I want each of you to choose a section and infer the meaning. We believe there are 5 parts, lines one two and three, lines four and five, lines six, seven and eight, lines nine and ten and lines eleven and twelve. You can find the prophecy in your leading for leaders book on page..." he flicks through his book quickly before stopping on a page.

"On page 12 is verse one." The bell rings and all of the students including myself stand up to leave. "Dismissed, don't forget we are going through it next lesson!" King Alexander yells over the clamour of students.

I pick Whisp up and put her on my shoulder much like both Kyle and Lark who do the same. They are almost too big to carry now they are about the size of a large dog but half the weight. Titan grumbles as he follows me along to my next class. Which so happens to be a break. Finally.

I push through the crowds of students hanging around the auditorium doorway, pushing out I notice the reason is because Leon and Grayhem are both stood leaning casually against the wall. I scowl slightly, they're too clingy.

"Baby!" Leon's voice cuts through the air like a knife, the hall falls quiet as everyone turns to look in my direction. I growl under my breath and I hear Ej snicker beside me, turning around my eyes harden as I watch Leon stroll over to me.

"What's up?" I breath and just hope he has a good reason to interrupt my vengeance for food.

"Want to eat with me?" He attempts to do puppy dog eyes however he looks like he's either constipated or done something he shouldn't have.

'Say yes!' Jay chants in my head as she gazes adoringly at her mate.

I huff mentally but outwardly smile politely, "sure." I march off without waiting, your girls hungry, don't judge. Actually judge away, I don't care.

The throng of students rushes forwards as we move to the cafeteria for breakfast or snacks. It's only half an hour so not much point going off the academy grounds to either the small town nearby where my aunty lives or going to the cafe in the housing district across the bridge.

The hall where most of the student body sits becomes silent as soon as my group walk into the cafeteria, a few girls launch themselves at Ej who just batters them away dismissively. I feel kinda bad but it isn't my place to intervene. Moving to the buffets at the front of the hall I grab a fruit salad and water bottle before turning to Leon.

"Where to?" I don't give a crap where we sit I just want my food.

"Follow me, I want to talk to you in private." Leon winks at me suggestively but I just brush it off and follow him.