Chapter 15: Powerhungry shifters

Lark POV:

"Wait, huh?" Ryker looks between the two of us. "I guess you actually look really similar..."

I shake my head, of course Ryker says that.

"How do you know you're twins? How do you know Ria is older?" Blaze questions looking at us suspiciously.

Ria just laughs, "We both saw two people not one, our mother and our guardian. First our guardian came out then our mother. You guys couldn't see her because she wasn't meant to be there. Lark saw her when she was in mine because of our blood and same when I saw her with Lark."

"Makes sense I guess." Blaze shrugs smiling. "What's she look like?"

"A mix of Ria and I, but with brown wavy hair. She was gorgeous, emerald green eyes and a bit smaller then me." I smile at the memory of mum's smiling face.

"She was very pretty, she was a werewolf too. Apparently powerful. Our father is part Vampire so Lark is a Vamp and I'm a werewolf." Ria adds on.

"Oh! I'm five minutes older too!" Ria rubs it in my face but honestly I don't mind.

We all chat and eventually everyone has gone, none of the guys are werewolves or vampires but it doesn't matter. The only person who wasn't presumed to be a werewolf but was, was Elle, Julie's Isalor.

"Can all Werewolves and Vampires stay behind please everyone else please leave." Mr Tallansburg calls out, back in human form and is wearing clothes.

"Are you sure I should leave?" Blaze mutters to Ria, she just laughs.

"I'll be fine, I'm with Zim and Lark. I'll meet you in the park after we are allowed to leave. Now go." Ria shoves Blaze towards the door where all the guys are standing shoving each other around.

"Fine, if anything happens tell Titan to come find me." Blaze turns around and races off.

Ria shakes her head laughing softly and turns to Zim and I.

Watching the guys walk away I realise I'm no longer attracted to Kalan, he's cute but I don't have a crush anymore. Strange.

"Ok! Werewolves and Vampires! I know it's getting late however you need to join a pack or coven." Mr Tallansburg begins explaining, a few groans arise from some of the students who knew they were either one of the paranormal species.

"It's not so bad, you can still rejoin your packs you came from. It's just safer this way for now." Mr Tallansburg adds trying to lighten the mood a little.

"The Alphas and Betas for each pack will come in as well as the coven leaders for the covens. You will split into either Wolves or Vampires and the recruiters will walk through doing tests for both physical and mental abilities. They won't hurt but you may have to fight and the aura of the leaders will wash over you. Depending on your rank and powers will be how affected you are by the auras." The teacher drones on. I understand the importance of this having read enough Werewolf and Vampire books but still, his voice is annoying.

"Vampires over there please," he gestures to his left, "and Werewolves over there." He points to his right.

"Meet over by the testing room afterwards." Ria hugs me quickly and steps aside, Zim hugs me too and follows Ria away.

Sighing I walk over to where the other Vamps are standing and sit down. "Ok everyone! This won't take too long hopefully, there's only 16 of you. Please Spread out and have a metre of two between each person." King Alexander calls out, I stand up and move to the side, everyone skitters around finding a spot. I roll my eyes and look at the leaders. They are standing with there spines straight and eyes skimming the crowd. All their gazes pass over me and keep moving along.