Chapter 40: Tatts, Pops and Whops.

Whisp flaps her wings and we soar into the air, both lark and kyle follow me as I dive and twirl around with Whisp. Titan releases howls of happiness as we skim the lake and do loops in the air.

"THIS IS AWESOME!" I scream as we sail along close to the water and I feel the spray as we skim the surface.

Suddenly I scream, my voice filled with pain and agony, my scream is soon echoed by Lark. Quickly Whisp descends landing softly on the hard ground, with little more then a bump. As soon as Whisp and I reach the ground the group runs up to Lark and I.

"What happened?" Blaze rushes over, my breathing becomes laboured as the feeling of my flesh burning intensifies into an extreme pain, my eyes start watering and tears start falling.

"Back... right... shoulder..." I breath out, my voice coming through raspy from the uncontrollable searing pain.

"Same." Lark mumbles, her eyes closed as she grips the saddle on Cinder's back harder, her knuckles turning white.

Abruptly the pain ceases, I blink and sit up straight touching the area which was just painful. Feeling no lumps or pain I sigh in relief and look at Lark who must have a mirrored expression as her face illustrates how I'm feeling right now.

Turning around I show my friends my back to see whether there is any damage, they all gasp collectively and turn to Lark who also has her shirt pulled up, again they gasp. I turn to my twin and we share a look, she spins around and I understand the gasps. On the back of her right shoulder blade is a tattoo, its a gradient from blue to red and has a black, Moon, Sun and stars.

"They're the same." Zim whispers pensively as she looks between Lark and I's new matching tattoos.

As soon as she completes her statement I double over in pain again, the pain radiates down my arm and to my forearm. Like before the pain is excruciating then it stops without any indication, looking down I see another tattoo, this one is in full black and shows a full moon in between two crescent moons, through the tattoo there are silver highlights like my eyes when Jay is near the surface. I glance up at Lark and spot her tattoo, in the same spot as mine but this time is a large sun in between two smaller ones but with a similar design as mine and instead of the striking silver hers in golden like her vampire eyes.

'Why can't I take any of your pain? I can't even feel the pain you feel.' Jay whimpers knowing she can't help me.

'Its ok, the pain only lasts a few seconds.' I reassure my wolf as I grin down at my newest tattoo.

Both Lark and I show our new tattoos to our friends but before I can say anything the pain begins again. This time it radiates down to the right of my right rib cage, the burn flares out and I growl in pain. Through my peripheral vision I notice Lark also in pain but she's clutching her right thigh. Almost instantly the excruciating pain disappears and leaves no trace other then the newest tattoo.

Breathing I lift my mesh top and find a silver wolf with maroon eyes, my wolf. But that is only the right side of the wolf. The left side is pure black with pale yellow eyes. Above the half black half white wolf is a crown floating just above it's head. It's gorgeous.

'Wolf Mate.' Jay whimpers as she views the tattoo, engraving the image in her brain.

Cracking my neck I turn to Lark, her face is lit up and she's smiling down at her third tattoo.

"Can I see Lark?" I ask and she nods removing her hands.

On her thigh is a tattoo of bats, they're all black but the top two have crowns on their heads.

"What the F*ck?" I shriek, the realisation that these tattoos just appeared randomly dawns on me. I mean I've always wanted tattoos but this was so random, so unexpected.