Chapter 36: Ditched for a girl

Lark POV:
The large dragon named Snapper turns and looks at my small group, my cousin stands proudly in front of me as he gestures to his dragon.

"Let's see what you can do, make it impressive Morgen." Ria teases, I'm honestly jealous of their friendship. I mean she's my sister and he's also my cousin, why can't I have that relationship?

"Pffft, Impressive is my middle name." Morgen rolls his eyes at Ria, and he jumps up onto Snapper's back. "Go." The pair seamlessly glide into the sky and begin their performance.

I applaud the pair as they execute an impressive water sculpture and manipulate the texture making it bounce when it hits the floor then turn into a bubble and rise into the air.

When Morgen lands he bows and smirks, "Was that good enough for you Princessca?"

"Whatever." Ria sticks her tongue out making me, Blaze and Zim laugh.

"What'd you think Larky?" Morgen turns to me ignoring Ria's childishness.

I blush red with embarrassment at the nickname but nod and smile softly. "It was impressive."

'Pffft. I do better.' I hear Cinder in my head, we talk sometimes but she isn't very vocal.

"I denote you Ria, Lark is officially my favourite, it was close but it's now official." Morgen announces loudly getting a few odd looks.

"The audacity!" Ria screeches but laughs as the teacher yells next again.

As the group of four we move onto the next person, Ej. We all greet him and chat for a bit before he soars up into the air with Bronco, somehow they create a large thunderstorm with surges of electricity. The whole lesson stops to watch before it ends as abruptly as it started and Ej lands in front of our group.

"Wow." Zim mutters quietly her eyes wide with wonder.

"Nice job man," Blaze claps Ej on the back and goes to stand beside Ria again.

"That was a pretty neat trick dude." I grin at Ej and he winks in return making my heart flutter. No stupid heart don't act all hormonal on me.

"Impressively done Bronco." Ria grins up at the dragon who dips his head accepting the praise before turning to Whisp, it appears that the two dragons are having a silent conversation.

"Ouch, direct hit to the heart Ria. Right here." Ej gestures to his heart and pouts.

"That ego of yours needs to be taken down a notch or two it'll do you good." My twin turns and smirks at Ej.

"Next!" before Ej can reply we move to the final group, I'm pretty sure this is the kid that Ria and Blaze spoke to earlier.

"Yo! Ethan!" Ria waves at him. I notice that he doesn't immediately respond back, but after it registers what she's called he grins at her and Blaze.

"Sup, how you guys been? Also sorry for bashing into you Ria." He smiles honestly at the pair.

"Pretty good, yourself?" Blaze responds and Ria nods along agreeing but doesn't miss the opportunity to stick her tongue out at Ethan. Seriously my Twin is so childish sometimes.

"Yea chill." Ethan grins back before spotting me, he tenses before relaxing and turning away and mounting his dragon.

'I'm A FREAKING WYVERN NOT DRAGON HUMAN.' A feminine voice booms in my head making me wince and take a step back. I look up at the... wyvern... and grimace, that was loud.

'Play nice Galaxus.' Ria's calm voice enters the chat and teases the wyvern.

'Sorry... didn't realise you were a wyvern.' I mumble through the mindlink still unsure about the whole being in someone else's head thing.