Chapter 22: Longlostcousins

Ria's POV:

Why he ran off the wrong way, I'm not sure.

"Probably should call him." Logan grins.

"Wrong way Ry!" Blaze calls out. Ryker stops in his track and spins around realising everyone else has started walking the right way.

"I knew that! I was testing you!" Ryker calls sprinting back, I shake my head chuckling.

"Come on! Be careful not to trip!" I call as I take off running. Zim keeps pace with me and Lark comes sprinting over. Us three are by far the fastest, we are all small and nimble. I carry my egg securely in my arms with Titan trailing behind me, he is as fast as me however.

Together the 14 of us sprint home across the bridge and away from the hatchery. As per usual me, Lark and Zim reached home first unlocking the door and going in. Titan raced in past us and jumped up onto the couch and fell asleep, us three girls went up to our room and put our eggs on our beds until we get back. Coming back downstairs the others still weren't back.

So instead I walked into the kitchen and started to prep, I got out a few meats, cheeses, salad items, sauces and bread. I grabbed the butter too and laid it all out on the kitchen counter. The guys all walked in together, perfect timing.

"Food! Make your own sandwiches." I grabbed a roll and buttered it, adding ham, cheese, lettuce, tomato, pickles, (Yes, I like pickles. Don't judge.) and spicy mayo. I quickly toasted it and grabbed a can of soda from the fridge and plopped down on the couch. Everyone followed suit and made their own sandwiches and sat down on the couches too. Zim and Lark had already sat down and started eating so we all sat in silence munching on our sandwiches.

"Who was the person you guys were talking to?" Clay asked looking at Lark and I.

"Well... we only recently, when we found out if we were Vamps or Werewolves,  we also found out that we're twins. I lived with our Mum's best friend and Ria lived with our uncle." Lark begins turning to me.

I sigh but continue. "That guy, the King's Isalor, is Jeremy Sharlin. Our uncle. My adoptive father's identical twin brother. I recognised him, he looks exactly like my adoptive father, just slightly more muscular. I remembered, Blake used to talk about his twin called Jer." I say shrugging trying to hide my smile.

All our friends mouths are gaping open. All except Blaze.

"Oh." Is all anyone can say.

"We are meeting our two cousins, aunty and grandpa tomorrow too." Lark adds, "He's picking us up at 11."

"That's cool, Jeremy is really chill. I call him Uncle Jer." Kyle says.

"Yea he's cool. He comes to Vamp meetings although he's a werewolf." Lucas says.

"What did you guys say your last name was?" Callum asks, eyes wide.

"Sharlin. Why?" I look at Callum's face.

"Is your cousin a year older?"

"Yup." I pop the 'p'.

"Morgen Sharlin... He's the troublemaker of the school. He's dated so many girls and guys, he's terrifying and a player. Morgen is a werewolf, in your pack Luna. He's quiet strong." Callum speaks up so everyone can hear. "Apparently he used to be chill and never broke rules until his best friend left, she was the year below. That's the rumour at least. Also one of Elijah's close friends, they were usually together. When she left he kept up the good facade until everyone realised she wasn't coming back and that was 3 years later, he apparently lost it."

"I've heard that too, he's also terrifying. He was in some of my classes but rarely showed up." Tristan adds.

"He was nice to me growing up, but barely had time for me though as we got older." Kyle adds.