Chapter 12: Flags and Ratatouille

The game continues, the Swallows grabbed a flag and less than 10 minutes later the field shifted and turned into a mountainous region. Snow capped the jagged grey mountainous peaks and trees were sparse and few. Dragons flew around circling, a few dove down and plucked up their Isalor or a wolf or other person and would fly away. Every now and then the dragons swooped down and their extra passengers would jump off and roll to stop the impact before getting up and running.

Both teams were playing strategically and it was obvious as to why they were the top two teams last season. It had taken just under an hour for the Swish Swallows to get one of the flags from the Tracture Trampers.

Apparently Vampires and Werewolves are real and go to Drakon academy too, Lark and Ria are still in shock as neither of them knew they existed. Where as most of the other students knew or at least heard stories of them from friends and family.

The tournament continued with the crowd going wild. A few wolves from the Trampers were chasing after either a Vampire or Isalor, it's hard to tell the difference. The vamp being chased was purely playing with the wolves as in a matter of seconds it had disappeared around a mountain, the three wolves stopped in the middle of the path looking around hoping to spot the vamp. Trotting around the mountain in front of them was a light brown wolf with a single white foot, in its mouth was the flag the other three wolves had been chasing. All four wolves howled in success, from high above a dragon flew down landing in front of the four wolves. Handing the flag to the rider each wolf ran off except one, the one who ended up with the flag.

The girl who had gotten off the dragon dropped a handful of clothes in front of the wolf and spun around. In a matter of seconds where the brown wolf with a white paw had been standing was a stark naked female. She had light brown hair with a white streak running through it, she quickly grabbed the clothes and slung the leggings and a sports bra on.

Ria and Lark looked at each other in shock, there truly were werewolves at this academy.

"I think that's proof enough they exist." Ria looks from Lark to the girl. She can't believe they really exist, Lark is wearing an almost identical expression on her face. Both girls watch as the werewolf hops up onto the dragons back behind the rider and they zoom up into the sky. The dragon they mounted was light blue with crystal like spikes running up it's back.

Hah the first years faces when you changed Darlia, idiots. Lark jumps causing Ria and Zim to both jump too, she's hearing things again.

Zim gives Lark a funny look before turning back to the game.

Ria ignores the dragon's voice and looks at Lark curiously, why'd she jump?

"You alright?" Ria looks at Lark in concern. She just nods and flushes red with embarrassment.

The game continues, each team has captured one flag from the opposing team.

Everyone cheers as a mexican wave is started and it moves around the stadium. The group of friends stand up and do the mexican wave before sitting down again. They smile and laugh as the wave keeps going, it goes around a few times before it stops and the focus is on the game again.

A vampire from Tracture Trampers races towards one of the Isalors from the Swallows who is watching a battle of dragons in the sky. Focusing purely on the fight he doesn't notice when the vamp sneaks up. The female vamp moves behind him and bites his neck, a scream rips from the guys throat and he crumples to the ground. All the focus moves from the fight to where the scream came from. Headmaster Jonah calls a pause and all the fighting in the arena stops. Medics rush onto the field with an ice dragon and a few vamps - by the looks of their fangs.

The dragon sprays ice stopping the rogue vamp from running and the extra vamps that ran onto the field hold onto the female that bit the poor dude. The medics rush the dude off the court and the containment vamps drag an angry vamp away too. The crowd goes wild, some yelling that the vamp was wrong while others argue she shouldn't be punished.