Chapter 26: Infatuation

Ria POV
We had just gotten our schedules and compared them, mine and Larks are almost identical we have a few classes with Blaze and Zim but they are mostly training to become Isalors while we bond with our dragons and learn to become leaders.

"Meet you guys next period!" I hurtle over my shoulder as I stalk down a long corridor filled with students milling around. Many of the girls blare at us while some just smile and nod, I can't believe people hate us when it wasn't our choice to be strong. I sigh and continue moving through the dense crowds.

Titan bounds along beside me and growls at a few students when they go to touch him but he doesn't bite them. Many students gasp at the sight of him while others probably presume he's a shifter or guard for the Luna. I scowl at the thought and trudge down the hallway and take a left at the end. I clamber down a staircase with kids pushing from either side.

Finally reaching the bottom I release a breath and continue walking. Lark keeps pace with me as we walk towards the auditorium. Pushing the doors open I spot only few students, A hand full a werewolves most likely the lower ranking Alphas and Luna's, I can smell a few vampire and I spot Kyle seated in the corner. I mutter a few curses as I trip over a bag with a bright pink fluffy unicorn plush and make my way to Kyle who grins when he spots us.

Slipping into the seat beside him I let out a long sigh of relief, large masses of people in small areas stress me out. I tend to growl and huddle in on myself which is honestly strange when I'm boisterous and a little crazy around friends.

"Yo!" Kyle grins at Lark and I as we sit down. I smile back and recline in my seat, well slump more like.

"So... you're dad teaches this subject." Lark grimaces as she looks at Kyle who just shrugs his shoulders.

"I'm used to it. Everyday my dudes." Kyle shrugs and looks towards the back door. A clamour of students interrupts our conversation, I glare at the doorway and spot Ej walking in with a flock of girls following close behind and giggling. Rolling his turquoise eyes he plonks down in the row behind us, a few girls spread out around him all giggling and flirting in the process.

Looking at Lark and Kyle I pretend to gag making the two laugh earning a scowl from Ej. Instead of apologising I batter my eyelashes at him and turn my attention to the front of the room.

The auditorium is large with about 200 seats, all cushioned and covered in a deep red velvet. The walls were gray with intricate carvings while the floors were just wooden.

The loudness died down as King Alexander walks into the room, his head held high as he marches over to the podium upfront. He smiles out at the large crowd and he begins speaking.

"Welcome all leaders. Some of you are wolves or vampires while others are just human of high ranking. This subject is going to be about how to lead your pack, coven or kingdom peacefully all while keeping them safe and helping them out. I am King Alexander, the vampire king, for those who don't know me." His smile is genuine and his eyes twinkle with passion.

"I would like to welcome up both Prince Kyle and Prince Elijah for a moment." With uncertainty Kyle glances at Ej who stands up blowing kisses to the girls and winking at others as he saunters down the steps to the podium, with much less grace Kyle follows. On the last step he trips and sends himself sprawling but doesn't crash to the floor. He grins like he was joking and stands beside Ej who's fully ignoring the younger Prince.

"Prince Elijah is the Werewolf king-to-be and Prince Kyle is in a different position. We also have Luna-to-be Alaria. Please come on down." I scowl but stand up and edge myself along the row to the stairs. Most of the girls growl or flip me off but I can't be stuffed answering there indecent attempts at scaring me.