Chapter 9: Who are you really?

Friarridge: RIA
Third Person POV:

The loud screams echoed around the centre and a flash of fur shot towards the podium. Whatever it was hadn't yet attacked anything but what was it?

Ria and Blaze stood on the platform watching as the blob got closer. Upon closer inspection it was clear what it was.

"Don't shoot! No!" Ria dashed forwards stopping the firearms being aimed. "Titan! Come here." The small silver pup ran towards Ria and pounced into her open arms. "Why are you here boy? You are meant to be at home." She whispers into the small pups ear, all the while hugging him to her body.

"What is that, miss?" A Protector calls out from the edge of the crowd, everyone's attention turns to Ria.

"This is Titan, my apologies to everyone. He's still a pup." She carried the small pup up onstage and stood beside Blaze again.

"Hey Titan..." Blaze strokes his head carefully and looks up at the crowd. "Sorry everyone, he is very playful only a few weeks old." The crowd all watch as the pup nestles down in Ria's arms and falls asleep.

No-one quite knows what to say, "Ok... Well back on with the ceremony please. I have places to be." Ethan calls out bringing the crowd's attention away from Ria and Titan.

The Ceremony continues for half an hour longer before another person is found. This time the guy is someone Ria has never seen before, he has short cropped blonde hair and wears pants and a button up shirt. He is an Isalor, attached to his hip is a longsword in a sheath. The next person up is a broad shouldered boy with black hair and blue eyes. Alongside the other kid he appears to be happy, he smiles and bounces along as he walks.

He repeats the process of cutting his hand with the dagger and dripping it into the bowl. The blood appears gold and silver and produces an image of the previous boy.

"Ok so that is everyone, we have 4 riders and 4 isalors... Can the parents please stay behind and everyone else please leave." Ethan calls out, his voice ringing across the square.

Titan jumps out of Ria's arms and sits on the floor guarding her.

"Well, well, well... Can't believe you are actually a rider." Julie's voice comes from behind where Ria and Blaze stand. They both spin around. Titan growls from the floor and bares his fangs.

"It's alright Titan she's no threat." Ria calms the pup and strokes his head affectionately. "What's up Juju?" Ria taunts the bully, for some reason she hates the nickname Juju.

Instead of responding Julie turns on her heel and walks away. Shrugging Ria does the same, and comes face to face with the other Rider and his Isalor.

"Hi...?" Ria waves politely.

"Hi! I'm Logan and this is Ryker." The black haired male introduces himself.

"Ria."

"Blaze."

"Nice, who's that little guy?" Logan gestures to Titan who's still growling at Julie.

"That is Titan my pup." Ria calls the pup to her, he comes bounding over and stares at Logan and Ryker.

"Blaze! Ria!" A high pitched voice screams from the end of the stage, both Ria and Blaze turn in time to be tackled by Lola, the three of us topple over onto the ground.

"Hey Lo..." Blaze shoves her off and helps Ria up. Laughing Lola stands up too.

"You guys are both Riders! That's so cool! When do you leave? Who are those two? Yuck Julie is a rider! That was funny when Titan came running in! Did it hurt? Why-" Lola was speaking one hundred miles a minute so Blaze cut in.