Chapter 33: The...Delightful Date

Ria POV:

A knock at the door brought me out of my thoughts, opening the door I find a smiling Leon dressed in casual shorts and a button up shirt. His hair was gelled back neatly and he was smiling at me.

'Catch me!' Jay squeals and pretends to faint.

"Ready?" His deep voices brings me out of my thoughts, I smile and nod.

"Where to?" They say curiosity killed the cat.

"It's a surprise. You'll have to wait and see." Shrugging I follow Leon into the forest behind my house, the trees are lush and green, thick with foliage from the warm weather. As we walk my eyes drift up through the dense greenery, my observant gaze watching birds of all colours and sizes diving through the forest catching prey and just flying for fun, for about 20 minutes we walk in companionable silence until we come to a tent of sorts with fairy lights, throw pillows and fluffy blankets.

I smile and gaze around at the scene in front of me, it's absolutely stunning.

'Some may say... romantic.' Jay smirks and winks evilly at me before moving out of my forefront conscience.

"Come sit." Leon gestures towards the tent and so I follow him gracefully to the blanket and sit down beside him with my legs stretched out in front of me, I lean back on my arms and look up at the sky, the sun is just beginning to set and the sky is gorgeous. The image portrayed highlights the spectrum of colours from reds to yellows to blues.

"It's gorgeous isn't it?" I smile up at the sky waiting for Leon to respond.

"Yes it is." I feel his gaze on me and blush slightly. My wolf however is going mental, she swoons at the man sat beside me making it difficult to think straight.

"Here." He passes me a small box wrapped in pretty pink paper... ok maybe not so pretty. I hate pink. The thought is nice though.

"Thanks." I attempt a smile and look away and breathe, I can lie perfectly well, however, the guilt of lying to my wolf's mate is difficult. Pushing the guilt to the side I gently tear the paper open and it reveals a small box, opening it I discover a delicate necklace with a crystallised snowflake embedded in it.

"You're hair is as white as snow and you're are as individual and special as a snowflake. May I?" Leon whisper in my ear, his warm breath sending shivers down my spine.

'Ha, you're special. What am I? Extravagantly special then? Pffft.' Jay rolls her eyes but continues to monitor the conversation, pure interest spread across her snowy white face.

'Girl, shush up.' I grimace, I can't believe I said 'girl' in that context, I cringe internally at my idiocy.

"It's gorgeous. And you may." I smile slightly and pull my hair to the side. I feel his fingers trail up my neck and clasp the necklace in place. His average sized hands slide down my neck sensually sending even more tingles down my spine.

"Thank-you. I love it." I grin and look back up at the sky. The line was sweet but cheesy, I mean, I'm as unique and special as the snowflake...?

"Would you want some food." He gestures to a picnic basket beside him and I smile.

"Ok." The conversation although doesn't sound awkward is so awkward, what do I say? The necklace is pretty but definitely not me. It shows how much we don't know about each other. Yes I'm being hypocritical because I'm not allowing him to get to know me but I'm sorry I now have trust issues.

'Kinda is an understatement...' Jay mutters, 'but you're my loveable trust-less human.' My heart swells for Jay even more then it previously was, she's so sweet when she wants to be. Wants being the key word.