Chapter 37: Daphne Drama

Ria POV:

"Thank-you for coming so quickly." King Alexander smiles, his eyes crinkle genuinely.

"Yes, yes. Whatever, you two need to be introduced, even if you aren't to be the leaders of the Majesty Pack or the Destiny Coven you are just as powerful." King Vincent grounds out clearly not happy about this.

"We were thinking at the start of Cadre training." Queen Taylor smiles kindly. (A/N Queen Taylor is Ej's Mother).

"It would be an honour, your majesties." I curtsy as I speak.

"No need to curtsy honey, I think I like you two." Queen Taylor grins happily at my twin and I.

"Oh! Thank-you? I think...?" I smile back at her, she's pretty her face almost angelic and she's sweet. Unlike Queen Marcebelle. As soon as we entered she's been scowling at us.

"Your Highnesses," A young boy runs into the room, he bows deeply, "The parents have arrived."

"Let them in Peasant." Queen Marcebelle sniffs.

My eyes dart to Lark and she has a horrified look on her face, mine probably matches right now. I hear a small snort from the left of the room and turn my head. Standing there is a young girl, her hair long and flowy. Her face is angelic and resembles Queen Taylor's, it must be Rose, Ej's little sister. I smile at her and she hides behind her hair, she appears to be young maybe 8?

I wave at her and she waves back shyly before she hides behind the pillar again.

I turn my attention back to the doors, parents flood in and swarm the room. The room takes an overwhelming smell of human, Vampire and Werewolf. I take a step back and see Zim do the same.

'That's a smell I never want to smell again. Ew.' Jay retches in my mind and I hold in my laugh at her dramatic nature.

"Welcome!" King Alexander's voice booms around the room, "Thank-you all for coming, we will let all the students in in a moment. The students have been informed that they will get the day off to spend with you, tomorrow they do go back to school and you are encouraged to go down to the village down below or you may go home. It is up to you. Tonight your kids can cook for you or you may come back here to eat later, it opens around 6. Thank-you, now, go find your kids." King Alexander waves and students flood in.

I stand beside Lark as we clutch one another's hands, together we stand waiting at the front of the room. Students mill about in an attempt to find their parents, the parents and students that have already met are already outside exploring or catching up.

"Blaze! Ria!" A recognisable female voice shrieks over the crowd and Lola comes hurtling at Blaze. She leaps and throws her arms around his neck before dropping down and rushing over to me.

"Hi Lo." I smile and wave at her.

"I missed you guys sooo much!" She babbles on excitedly, Blaze, Lark, Zim and I all watch amused.

"Ria!" A familiar voice drifts through the air, Daphne.

What do I say? Do I call her mum?

"What did you do to your hair?" Her voice filled with horror, "Why is it... red? Blood red?"

I still haven't spun around but instead of turning I grab Lark and pull her into a hug, her face falls and her body heaves as she sobs.

"Daphne!" I hear Uncle Blake's voice as he growls at Daphne. "You can't come and insult someone, especially when it isn't even Ria!" A few parents and students nearby listen with interest as they squabble.

"What do you mean that isn't Ria? You think I don't know my own..." She trails off and I sense her scowl. "I raised her! I know who she is." Daphne glares at Uncle Blake.