Chapter 8: Drakon Academy

Drakon Academy:
Lark POV:

We flew through the deserted sky for hours, not taking any breaks or stops. The dragons are somehow managing to stay awake but I fell asleep for a while earlier, currently I'm holding Zim on and looking at the scenery as we fly past. Currently it's about 1 am, we were meant to leave earlier but due to the... unexpected shootings... we didn't leave on schedule.

Only 10 more minutes...

There's that voice again... it has been keeping updates of how much further. It must be Harley as it's feminine, she must have cast a rune so she could speak to us without much hassle. It's the only logical explanation. Harley did after all tell us a bit about runes earlier.

"Yo! Harley! Do we have roommates at the academy?" I call out, the curiosity has been eating away at me the entire flight.

She laughs but answers, "How long have you been wanting to ask me that?"

"No teasing... and totally not the entire flight..."

"Ahh I'm not teasing I asked all the questions in the first 5 minutes. I don't think my rider liked me as her passenger. And to answer your question yes, you and Zim will share."

"Cool! When do classes start?"

"The flow of questions have begun!" She laughs but continues, "In about a week, tomorrow is to explore, the next day is a welcoming dinner and you get to watch the tournament."

"Tournament?"

"Oh yea! You guys have never been before... the tournament is a whole school thing. Everyone goes, basically what happens is two teams, probably the Swish Swallows and the Tracture Trampers, face off and they fight on dragon back with Isalor's on the ground and they have to capture the other teams flags. The team captain of the Swish Swallows, his brother is the lead Isalor and his blonde hair and blue eyes just... he pierces everything with them... wait, wait I digress..."

I giggle, she likes the captain's brother who is an Isalor. "It's fine." I smile brightly at Harley's back.

"Well basically it takes a couple hours but it gets very competitive."

"That sounds interesting, I mean people fighting and getting to watch people fly on their dragons. Two of my favourite things." I say cracking my knuckles to prove my ridiculous point.

"Yea, I don't like fighting but it is amazing to watch." Harley adds.

"Last question for now... when do we get our eggs?" I smile hopefully, I can't wait.

"Most likely after the tournament and before dinner on the second day. That's when we got ours. It may be a bit later though, it changes quite often." Harley explains, that's good I can explore without worrying about my egg.

"Another 5 minutes til we land." Harley adds.

I watch the scenery, about an half an hour ago the view changed from trees and grass fields to the alps. Although everything is grey I love looking at the different shapes of the mountains and the snow caps. We glide around the middle of a mountain and in front of us is a beautiful academy. A lake stretches around the front of it with lush green trees surrounding the entirety of the other 3 sides. Classes, training, the library and shops are on one side of the lake and spanning across the centre of the crystalline lake is an elegant bridge. On the opposite side is where the students stay, there are seperate houses for each year level and there are smaller houses for presumably smaller groups. In the centre there appears to be a small park with a fountain and benches.

Shaking Zim awake I watch as the academy gets closer, dragons are flying around and people are running wildly below on the ground. Many wolves are catching rabbits or lounging in the chilly sunshine but none pay any attention to the students. Odd. I guess it's like 2 am or something, so few people would be out.