Chapter 17: Meeting the Wolves

Ria POV:

"Titan let's go, I want to make myself a smoothie before we go." I call to my pup whose snoring softly on my bed, he grumbles stretching but complies and gets up.

I'm in leggings and a sports bra with a thin windbreaker over the top and my combat boots. I rush down the three flights of stairs careful not to wake anyone and find Zim already downstairs with a glass of water.

"Hey Zim! How long have you been up?" I cross the kitchen to the fridge and grab out the yoghurt, strawberries, ice and banana.

"Only just got downstairs. Can I have a smoothie too?" She gulps her water down and puts it in the sink.

"Yup. Are you training with us today?" I cut up the strawberries and bananas and place them in the blender.

"Yea, I thought I might." She shrugs watching me whip up the smoothies.

"What are you doing?" Callum comes walking into the room sluggishly.

"Making a smoothie. Want one?" I place all the ingredients in the blender and blend them.

"Sure, make one for Alpha Elijah while you're at it please." Callum looks between me and the blender.

Instead of responding I grab two extra glasses and place them next to mine and Zim's. I turn the blender off and pour the drinks quickly into the four glasses. Sliding one to Zim and one to Callum.

"Where is Elijah?" I look at the stairs and back to Callum, he just smirks.

"You told them about today?" A grumbling Elijah walks down the stairs and into the kitchen.

"Yup, now drink. Luna Ria made it." He slides the extra glass along the counter to Elijah, he scoops it up and drinks.

"Let's go." He growls stalking out the kitchen door and into the hall.

"Titan! Let's go!" I call into the living room as I pass and Titan comes bounding out. I think he was on the couch but we won't tell the others.

The four of us walk out the front door and towards the bridge.

"Who's gonna be there?" Zim asks Callum who is walking beside her.

"Most likely all the wolves, since they heard about Alpha over there getting matched in power everyone wants to see her in action." Callum mutters back trying to not get Elijah to hear. I chuckle, Callum is funny. He doesn't care if Elijah hears or not he just says what he wants, but he isn't cruel just teasing.

"Can we shift? I want to stretch my legs." Zim complains from behind me.

"Sure. How far is the arena?" I turn to Callum knowing if I ask Elijah he will ignore me.

"Can you see those trees over there?" He points to the left of the bridge, it's directly opposite our house just on the other side of the lake.

"Ye."

"That's the clearing."

I nod at Zim, "You can shift, I will too. Callum?" He nods and shifts first, he's large and has messy light brown fur. Zim shifts and is a lot smaller than him, maybe half the size. "Elijah, you shifting?" I look at him presuming he won't answer.

"We need to look united in front of everyone. If you shift now so will I." He responds but doesn't look at me.

"Then don't ignore me." I shift before he can answer. I feel my bones rearranging, a few cracks can be heard but not as many as last time. It doesn't hurt but I can feel the hair growing all over my body, and my face elongating into a muzzle. I stand just about the same size as Callum maybe a little smaller. My pure white fur ruffles in the slight breeze of the morning sun.