Chapter 24: Barbie Britt

Ria's POV

I quickly shift back to human and stand up stretching.

"Come on, I'm hungry." I grumble to Morgen who just laughs but leads me inside.

Yo, Jay! Let's meet the family, hey. I speak to my wolf, I can feel her roll her eyes.

Jay. Really? She grumbles chuckling.

Yup, deal with it. I laugh slightly and Morgen gives me a funny look.

I smile and stroll past Morgen into the dining room where my family is seated. Quickly I slide into the spare seat beside Lark and grin at the people surrounding me. Each looks as curious as the next but I just smile even brighter and look at Titan. He seems to almost grin in return and goes back to snoozing.

"Let's eat!" Aunt Hayley smiles and serves up a plate of food for herself. As soon as her plate touches the table again all hell breaks loose. Food practically goes flying and dishes are getting passed around so fast it's hard to even grab any.

Jesus this family is chaos Ri. Jay chuckles, clearly enjoying the craziness.

I chuckle but continue grabbing food. I end up with some baked ham, freshly baked bread, salad and a few other bits and pieces. A jug of juice is passed around and I pour myself a generous cup full. Smiling I eat my food quickly, all the food on the table disappears quickly and everyone sits contently chatting with each other.

Morgen gives me a funny look and grins. Oh no.

'What?' I mind-link my grinning cousin, and grab my glass to drink some.

I chuckle when his eyes widen and he jumps in fright. Clearly he forgot.

Dumb, dumb. Jay shakes her head and scoffs.

Sadly, yes. I mutter back to her.

She just chuckles and relaxes watching.

'Should you tell them about your wolf?' Morgen mind-links me uncertain about it.

Because I've opened a connection he can mind-link me, but as soon as I close it he is unable to unless I reopen the link.

I shrug externally and get a few funny looks. I smile cheekily and grab a carrot to crunch, leaning back in my chair I ponder the idea of telling the others. What's the worst that can happen?

Just tell them, get it over with. Jay speaks up. I slowly nod my head, I think she can tell.

Can you tell I nodded my head?

Yup. She pops the 'p' happily.

I breath and look over at Lark. "Guys, I need to tell you something." My resigned tone catches everyone attention and everyone goes deathly quiet.

That was one way of doing it. Jay mutters.

"I met my wolf." I smile at everyone and Nonno, Aunt and Uncle gape. "What now? I'm getting sick of everyone being so surprised when it comes to Lark and I." I grumble, I thought they'd be excited.

"How? Did Morgen teach you?" Nonno looks at me curiously. I nod wondering where this is going.

"Was that the first time you've tried?" Uncle glances at me and then to Morgen, I just nod again.

"Impressive, most take a couple lessons to do it." Nonno congratulates me, however their is something bothering him still.

"Spill." I glare at Nonno, I've given up playing nice. I want to know what is happening.