Chapter 38a: Skylar

Hey everyone!! Sorry for missing the upload I've been away on holiday without data 😵‍💫 so here's an update plus an extra mini chapter!! Enjoy ☺️
- Brax Xx

*********

"Hi." I say softly and she giggles slightly.

"I'm Rose. Who are you?" Her voice is soft and graceful but still childish from her young age.

"I'm Ria the one and only." I bow at her playfully and she giggles again.

"Rose! Get back to your seat." King Vincent growls lowly.

"I wanna stay here with mummy." The young girl whimpers and clutches the Queen's hand.

"Dad leave it, she can stay here." I look up as Ej interferes. "Rose, want to sit on my lap?" His voice is soft as he addresses his little sister.

"I want to sit with R-R-Ria." She struggles to get out my name but puffs her chest out when she gets it right. Oh great, she wants to sit with me. Why oh why? I'm not a kid person yet they always want me.

'Please Ria.' I hear Ej's voice in my head and his gaze doesn't waver from my face.

'Fine, you owe me.' I growl back, still p*ssed off from earlier. I notice him subtly nod his head at me in acceptance but he also releases a sigh. I may be angry at him but Rose has nothing to do with it.

"Sure, if you'd like." I smile down at Rose.

"Are you sure Dear? It isn't a bother?" Queen Taylor looks at me hopefully.

"Yeah, it's chill." I gently lift up the tiny human onto my lap.

"Whatever, as long as she doesn't disturb me." King Vincent growls.

I shoot a questioning look at Ej but he ignores me and turns to Uncle Jer.

"So, Petal, how old are you?" I ask the little girl while I munch on a Yorkshire pudding.

"My name's Rose not Petal. I'm 6!" She says excitedly. Ok clearly I misjudged her age, I try not to be around children so bite me.

"I know but I'm going to call you Petal and I'm 16 turning 17 really soon." I grin after swallowing my mouthful of food.

Out the corner of my eye I spot King Vincent glaring at me, ignoring it I keep eating.

"JJ can you get me my food. Please." Petal glances over at her brother. I Smirk at him and he glowers back.

'JJ, how cute.' I mind-link him mockingly. I'm all honesty it's kinda adorable but I can't let him know that.

'Shut-up Ri.' He rolls his eyes but stands up and grabs his sisters plate from where it was beside Aunt Hayley.

"Here you go Ro." He hands the plate to me and I place it in front of his sister.

I feel a tap on my right shoulder and look over at the Queen. I watch as she mouths 'Thank you.' to me and I just nod back smiling.

I mouth back 'All Good,' and she smiles softly letting out a breath.

"How dare you?!" A screech emanates through the packed room, my eyes flick up to see Daphne standing up her hands on her hips and she's seething. Opposite her is Aunt Hayley.

"How dare I? Really? I'm sorry you're jealous that I'm friends with your husband, but I'm in love with Jeremy. Quit making a scene." Aunt Hayley's voice raises in volume consuming us all into the heated argument.

"Are you f*cking kidding me? You think I don't know that you love Blake and are just using Jeremy? You manipulative b*tch!" Daphne glares hatefully at Aunt Hayley. Both Uncle Blake and Uncle Jeremy are looking between the two females in amazement.