Chapter 14: Twinsies!

Ria POV:

I sat in shock, Lark was a Vampire... not that I dislike vampires, well it isn't like I've met any...I don't think at least, but she's one. I never would've guessed, I guess that is why they say don't judge a book by it's cover. From her outwards appearance you can't tell she's a vamp except her pointy canines, but she will learn how to hide those with glamour or a rune.

Also two people appeared to Lark, everyone else has only had one person.

I had noticed that every time a vampire comes out of the room which is everyone so far they go over to the King, he explains a few things and their teeth go away.

"Good job, ok I'll teach you how to glamour your fangs..." He goes on to explain how to glamour teeth but I don't really care, I don't need that so I zone out.

"So, Lark is a vampire do you think anyone else will be?" Kalan looks between the 7 of us seated here. I shrug, there's no way to tell.

"I don't think so, there's usually a higher number of plain Isalors and Riders over Vampire or Werewolf ones." Zim murmurs quietly, she knows more than what she is saying.

"How about Werewolves?" Ryker adds peering at everyone.

"I think a few, maybe about the same amount as Vampires?" Thalium guesses, he gives a shrug unsure whether he's made a close estimate or not.

I shift uncomfortably as a few kids glance at me or at Titan and whisper.

"Guys?" Lark walks over to us unsure if we will accept her.

"Lark! You're a vamp! That's so cool." I add enthusiasm so she doesn't feel embarrassed. Titan stands up stretching and clambers over to Lark, he sniffs her before promptly rubbing himself on her legs and rumbling happily.

"Hey Titan," She rubs his head affectionately and comes and sits down beside the rest of us. I smile at Lark encouraging her it's fine.

"Who were the two people you saw?" I smile at Lark.

"You-You saw two people...?" Lark whispers to me, I nod my head slowly.

"Yeah?" Her face goes red, "they said everyone could only see one of them..." I shrug.

"Yo, Guys!" I call getting our friends attention. "How many people did you see on Lark's screen other then her?" Everyone gives me a funny look.

"Only one? People can only see one person in there." Logan looks at me curiously. I shrug pretending to just be curious.

"Oh? I didn't know that." I say trying to force interest.

"Everyone else can you please go up when I call you? This is everyone else." Mr Tallansburg starts listing off three names. None of my friends are chosen so we sit and wait.

Lark taps my shoulder, "The two women were my birth mother, Sophia, and my adoptive mother, Sara. They are best friends." Lark whispers quietly.

"Are either of them Vampires?" I whisper back.

"No, my dad is a vampire apparently. I don't know who he is." She shrugs and look at the screens above the rooms.

None of our friends speak as we wait to be called. Eventually all our friends are called and then finally me. Commanding Titan to stay I walk over to the door. Upon entering I am greeted with a pure white room with bright lights flashing down on me. The room changes and I'm standing in a field of green grass. This is what everyone sees when they aren't a vampire. I stand facing the sun, it glares down on me and warms me to the bone.

A door appears in front of me signalling the others are done too, I walk out quickly and see one of the students that went at the same time as me has fangs. She licks the pointy tooth and smiles, I walk back to my friends and the vamp to the teacher. Me and her were the last two to go for vampires, now for the Werewolves.