Chapter 19: The showdown

Third Person POV:

Logan walks out of the door to find he got an Earth Dragon. Although Ryker wanted something more powerful he's happy, the Earth Dragon's are known to be loyal and intelligent rather then loud and ambitious.

Just as Logan came out Thalium went in for his turn. He walked into the room quietly like usual and stood waiting for something to happen, the walls around him flashed white then the room went silent.

A low buzzing sound came from above his head and he turned to see what was happening, the sound and vibrations directed at the ground and the scene changed. Obstacles appeared and soundwaves were being thrown around the room. Although you can't see them you can feel and hear them, Thalium stepped forward and leaped across a gap in the floor, upon landing he dodged left and just missed being hit by a soundwave. This continued for a while, the room growing obstacles and throwing soundwaves at him. Passing to the other end of the room took him about 8 minutes, being unable to see the soundwaves meant he had to rely on his other senses.

Swiftly he passed each obstacle without a second thought. He exits the large testing room and on the screen the symbol for the element of sound appears. A round of applause are emitted from the large crowd of bystanders and Thallium walks back over to his friends, they all smile or clap him on the back.

People go in and out of the rooms each receiving an element, the elements received were fire, water, earth, lightening, snow and sound. Each element so far had about an equal amount of wielders, as people come out they talk in hushed whispers about what happened but everyone's experience is different. Each person in the same element had similar styles just different.

Finally the number 23 appears on the screen, the whole group turns to Blaze and gives him a thumbs up encouragingly.

"Go! Good Luck!" Ria shouts over all the applause, he smiles in return and enters his room. He enters the large room and the wall, floor and roof are all white. He glances around and the room flashes a bright orange. Fire.

Ria notices the crowd make some oohs and ahhs but is unable to see what they are seeing. She hopes he's alright as a few kids flinch while watching the large screens, however their reactions are the same as when everyone else went.

Blaze looks around the room, the walls and roof are on fire. Embers slowly fall from the roof burning the ground and his clothes. A few land in his hair but nothing happens, it feel a little warm but doesn't burn or destroy anything. He looks up and a few land on his face too leaving a slight warmth radiating through him.

With a new understanding he moves forward through the room, a few obstacles appear in front of him but he just dodges them all. A few of the flaming flying objects skim past his head and burn his clothes, a flaming teddy bear comes straight as Blaze's head and he doesn't notice early enough earning a fiery teddy to the face. He chuckles and keeps moving, although the flames don't affect him the smoke is making his eyes water and the brightness of the flames is making his head spin.

Reaching the end of the room is a final wall of fire, Blaze's logic is telling him to turn around but a gut feeling has him looking at the wall closer. Through the flickers of the flame wall a safe platform and a door is visible, he turns to look at the room once more covered in flames and launches himself through the flames. He runs smack bang into the door and tumbles over, with a grunt he stands up and opens the door. His clothes are still tattered and he walks over to his friends. A few of their looks are filled with fear and Ria just laughs. She walks over as though its normal and whacks his head a few times.

The whole group laugh along with most of the crowd.

"What?" Blaze rubs his head and glares at Ria, she laughs innocently and walks back to where she was standing.