Chapter 30: Bye Bye Ej

It's been two weeks since the three eggs hatched, now they are always getting into trouble but apparently that's just what hatchlings are like.

"Whisp! Give me back my sock!" Blaze yells racing down the stairs after the growing dragon, she's still tiny about the size of a tortoise just a whole lot lighter.

"Ria! Help!" I lay on the couch on my stomach watching as he chases my dragon around the living room.

"Nope. It's too funny." I grin and laugh as Blaze almost slides over on the rug which ends up scrunched up under the couch.

"Finnnee. Whisp drop it." I unwillingly command my dragon, she looks at me before dramatically dropping the sock and going to sit on Titan who's stretched out on the love seat opposite where I'm laying.

"Thank-you." Blaze rolls his eyes laughing and goes to finish getting ready.

We are going out to lunch after seeing Kyle, Clay, Ej and Callum off, they're going home for a few days. Ej is going too as they are all riding on Ejs dragon, Bronco. We finally get to meet him today and I'm excited but I can't let anyone else know, well I mean I can but meh.

"Come on! We're leaving now!" Kyle's voice rings out through the house. Everyone scrambles into the living room to say good-bye and to chill for a bit before lunch.

"See ya!" I hug Kyle tightly and whisper in his ear. "Look for the old man." I pull away and smile softly. He really is like a brother to me now.

Everyone else says bye and Kyle and I walk out the door to wait for Clay and Callum. Sitting out the front is Ej on his dragon Bronco. The dragon is massive, easily the size of about a 5 horses.

It's scales gleam a brilliant yellow and his legs and feet are a glossy black, it's tail has spikes in a zig zagging pattern and 3 horns on the top of its head. I gape at the beast in front of me.

"Aren't you a handsome dragon?" I walk over to the dragon slowly as to not spook it and raise my hand up to its head.

"He's not a very people friendly dragon Alaria. He'll probably snap if you spook him." Elijah sits on top of the dragon and actually calls down to warn me. Instead of listening I roll my eyes, honestly probably should've listened but I'm not exactly one to do as people warn, especially Ej when he never listens to me.

"Look at your colours and those spikes!" I keep complimenting the dragon as I get closer. I'm currently standing directly in front of him and he's bowed his head to look at me. His electric blue eyes hold curiosity and intelligence, I see nothing in his eyes that makes me think he wants to attack me.

'She's pretty.' I hear a masculine voice in my head. It's not Titan and no one else can mind link me yet without me starting the chain, that is, except for dragons.

'Thank-you.' I dip my head and Mindlink the massive dragon. His head spins to look at me and his eyes widen.

'You-you hear me?' His eyes narrow trying to figure out if he heard correct.

'Yes, I'm sorry to scare you. That wasn't my intention.' I hold my hands up in surrender, the dragon dips his head closer to me and looks me in the eyes.

'I believe you small human.' He gently judges me with his head and in return I stroke his muzzle gently.

"What did you do? He never willingly lets people pet him other then Ej." Kyle's bewildered voice comes from behind me, he drops his bags as he looks at me with amazement.

"I just respect dragons, I mean look at him." I gesture to Bronco who's still dipped to my level.

'By the way, I'm Alaria. Call me Ria.' I smile warmly at the large dragon who slowly blinks at me, still speculating the concept of he can hear me and I can hear him. Seemingly accepting it for now he responds.