Chapter 39: A day to remember

Lark POV:

"Hey everyone! I'm Skylar, it's nice to meet you." The girl, who is apparently Skylar introduces herself. "I'm a werewolf not a rider or Isalor."

I look at my friends who all have faces of indifference except Ria, Ria is looking at this girl with slight recognition.

"Do you know her?" I whisper to Ria who just shrugs lightly but keeps looking at Skylar.

"We are going to be learning different fighting moves for your dragons today, we have some of the older students here to help too." The classes attention moves from Skylar to the older students.

As I'm scanning the dragons before me I feel a presence behind me, without hesitation I grab their shoulder and flip them around knocking them to the floor. Looking behind me I find Clay sprawled out on the mats with Kyle standing a few feet away laughing hysterically.

"I warned ya dude." Kyle spits out through his laughter.

"Yep you were... ow... right." Clay wheezes from the floor.

"Sorry!" I bend down and help Clay up, "I didn't know it was you." I grimace and awkwardly pat his shoulder.

"Nah it's cool." He smiles back and together we watch as a Cadre demonstrates a few moves together.

The rest of the lesson went by like that where we watched the two Cadre's performing different fight moves, the two also had a choreographed battle to demonstrate the moves for the rest of us.

Finally break came around and my group was out the door before anyone could stop us, we made our way to the cafeteria and grabbed some food before practically hightailing it to the classroom in the hallway.

Before leaving the cafeteria I grabbed a blood bag as I could feel my Vampire side feeling deprived of blood.

"Oh I didn't know ya'll would be here! Sorry." Skylar walks into the classroom where we are all sitting and just chilling.

"It's cool." Kyle smiles politely before going back to his conversation with Blaze.

"Can I stay? I mean I don't know anyone yet." She asks, her voice quivers with embarrassment.

"Sure." Ria shrugs and continues chatting to Morgen.

"So, I'm Skylar. What's your name?" She walks over to where Zim and I are sat and she sits down beside me squeezing herself between Zim and myself.

"The name's Larkin and that was rude." I scowl at the girl and stand up walking to Clay who is looking out the window.

"I don't like her." I whisper to him and he hums in agreement. "What's wrong?"

"Huh? Oh it's nothing." He mumbles back resting his chin on his hands.

"I'm here if you want to chat ever." I smile convincingly, or what hopefully looks at least genuine.

"I know, it's just family issues." He smiles politely, "Nothing you can do."

We sit in silence just staring out the window until the bell rings signifying the end of break.

***************

The day moves quickly and before I know it my friends are all walking back to the house, Thalium and Kalan are with us too but Logan and Ryker... they've ditched our group for Julie and Elle.

"Wait up!" I turn and find Morgen sprinting over.

"Oh, Hey Morgen." I wave and the group stops.

"Thanks for stopping, how was everyone's day?" He questions.