Chapter 18: The beginning

Lark POV:

Finally the day has come, we are getting our dragon eggs today! I can't wait. Last night I fell asleep in Ria's room and we were just getting to know each other more, we've only known for what like 5 days that we are twins. Can you blame us?

Lucas and I have gotten closer and yesterday I even met the Vampires, they seemed to have a lot of mixed feelings as apparently Lucas isn't the true Head Vampire. King Alexander's offspring should be but due to Kyle being human he can't rule the Vamps. They were as welcoming as I could ask for on such short notice, a few welcomed me with open arms but some refused to acknowledge my power until I forced them into submission. In my defence they said prove I'm more powerful so I did.

Every morning Zim and Ria go out for runs and training, occasionally Callum joins them but never Elijah. Zim, Ria, Blaze and I caught up with our friends and had them over for dinner one night too, we usually catch up during the day though and explore or sit in the park. My Roomies other then Elijah and Lucas seem to get along well with all the guys which is good as they are over quite often.

"Come on, I'm starving..." Ria complains from the her doorway. Grumbling I get up and trapse into my room, I pull on a hoodie and shorts before chasing Ria downstairs. Honestly we are about the same speed, Titan bounds down behind us so we don't trip over him. He's turning into a large dog and is very smart and obedient which is good because he doesn't stray far and never goes toilet inside. He's also terrifying looking if you don't know him.

"Should I make an English Breakfast?" Ria looks from me to the fridge, "Or smoothies?"

"One hundred percent English Breakfast, we have an hour until we have to go to the school." I rub my hands together in anticipation of the food.

"10 plates of English breakfast coming right up." Ria swiftly moves around the kitchen and chats as she cooks the different components.

A knock from the front door makes her look up, "Can you grab that?" I nod and race over to the door, peeking through I see 4 guys standing there. I fling the door open and usher them in.

"Yo peeps, what's up?" I stroll back into the kitchen with them following.

"Couldn't sleep, so we decided to come over and see if you guys were up and either wanted to go early or we could help cook." Ryker flicks his hair out of his face trying to act cool.

"You gotta ask Luna over their if you can help cook." I point finger guns at Ria and sit on my barstool again.

Kalan walks into the kitchen and attempt to grab a piece of bacon, Ria spots him and whacks him with her wooden spoon instead.

"Out! Out! No! Get out of the kitchen... idiots." She hits them with her wooden spoon and goes back to cooking the oats. "You can have some when it's done, if you want to help set the dining table." She points to the dining room to her right and the guys start grabbing plates, bowls, cups and cutlery to set the table.

"Lark! Ria!" Blaze comes walking into the kitchen in jeans and a v-neck top. Instead of asking to help he grabs a frying pan and heats it up, cracking a handful of eggs in.

"Thanks." Ria smiles and continues cooking the oats. "Lark could you give Titan his breakfast?" Groaning I stand up and walk over to the fridge. We have a fridge for meats because living with wolves and vampires means we need a lot of fresh meat and blood. I pull out a small rabbit and chuck it on the tray where Titan eats in the corner of the kitchen.

"Titan! Breakkie!" I call out and the wolf comes bounding in from the lounge. Seriously that wolf can always be found lounging on the couch in the living room or beside Ria, which is usually on the couch in the living room.