Chapter 42: The Other Halves

Ria POV:

The day's fights had finally ended, Lark told me what had been bothering her, and I accepted King Alexander may be my father, it's my birthday and I get to spend it with my twin, I flew on Whisp for the first time and I placed first in the rankings.

I'm meant to be getting ready but I just needed to think.

After 10 minutes I finally resolved that he may be my father and I'm fine with it, it wasn't his fault but I need time to adjust, I won't start calling him dad nor will I expect things from him but I will try.

Quickly I shave and shower, the warm water trickles down my skin, and with the fall of the water my tense muscles loosen and my worries drain away.

Knowing I'm running behind I grab my favourite bikini and chuck it on, the bikini is halter neck and is navy blue with white zigzags. The bottoms are plain navy and high waisted. Unlike most females who would grab a cover up I grab my denim shorts and brown plaited belt. Over the top I grab my white long sleeved shirt and tie it up at the front, for my feet I grab a pair of strappy sandals and walk out my door and make my way downstairs.

Descending the 3 flights of stairs to the bottom floor used to be so exhausting but now, now it's easy I don't struggle in the slightest.

A whistle comes from the lounge room and I walk in to find Callum grinning at me, I smirk in response and sit down on the couch opposite. Slowly everyone trickles in for us to leave, the guys are all in board shorts and either an unbuttoned button up short sleeved shirt or a singlet exposing their arms.

"Let's go." I stand up and stretch noticing everyone else sat down and all refusing to take charge.

"Fine." Zim grumbles and stands up pulling Lark with her.

The others refuse to move so I send my glare their way making them all stand up and walk out the door in surrender. Grabbing my sunglasses I pop them on top of my head before following them out the door. As I go to close it I spot Titan streaking towards me from down the stairs, I wait as he bolts past me and runs straight into the lake. Finally getting to close the door I spin around to find all my friends, they're all gathered in a group chatting at the edge of the water. I smile and make my way over to them, I spot everyone except Ej.

I even notice Lyle standing there, he's smiling and chatting with my friends. Beside me I feel Lark tense, her body turns rigid and she sniffs the air delicately.

Lark POV:

I stand beside Ria as she closes the door to our house, I smile as I watch my friends talk all of them laughing and chatting. Missing from the picture is Ej, Logan and Ryker, even Ethan turned up and is talking to my friends.

Wait. I sniff the air and tense, I feel Ria look at me with confusion clear in her eyes but I ignore it and sniff again. The delicious smell of apple cider and maple fills my nose, my mouth waters as I follow the scent. Closing my eyes I walk, it appears to be leading me to my friends which is odd. As I get closer I open my eyes and find I'm staring at two pale green eyes. The dream of the eyes all those nights ago has turned into reality as I stare shocked into those exact eyes. Silently I stare and he stares back, before my eyes a layer on him fades away revealing a built guy with a somewhat nerdy appearance, the scent of apple cider and maple surrounds me, enfolding me in the feeling of protection. My mate.

"Mate." I whisper, my voice barely audible but he smiles at me. His teeth straight and his eyes bright.

"Mate." He leans forward and hugs me tightly, I hug him back before pulling away. My mate is Ethan but why does he appear different now?